Unlimited access >

AUCTION HORSES RESCUE - SCAM??

I would like to know anyone else’s facebook experience with AUCTION HORSES RESCUE. They state that they are a 501c3 pending organization. And on their facebook page, they have been asking and collecting funds from followers to help get horses out of the local LA horse auctions. However, according to the Department of Justice website, Auction Horses Rescue is NOT registered in the Registry of Charitable Trusts. That means all the money they are receiving is NOT being documented and there is no public accounting of what they are doing with the money received.
My other issue with Auction Horses Rescue is that they are deleting and banning FB users who mention other horse rescues on their page. I know because it happened to me. :mad:

During the last auction, AHR posted pictures of horses that were being shown and they pleaded for funds to rescue those horses.
Forgotten Horses Rescue, a different horse organization was also at the same auction. After the auction, people wondered if all those horses they saw on AHR’s FB page had been rescued. I (and others) mentioned that Forgotten Horses rescued a few of them. My comment was not only deleted, but I have now been banned from their FB page. :confused:

What is wrong with letting others know what happened to those horses, especially if they want to adopt one???

I would think anyone trying to rescue horses from being slaughtered would be happy to have another organization doing the same thing…but I guess Auction Horses Rescues wants to make people believe they are the only rescuers in town and to get all the donations for themselves. :no::no:

Well, just think, if the animal rights extremist driven BAN horse slaughter passes, all that will be moot question.

No more slaughter, no more scam rescues type horse traders can use “the truck is coming!” to sell horses.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Barichello;7125193]
I would like to know anyone else’s facebook experience with AUCTION HORSES RESCUE. They state that they are a 501c3 pending organization. And on their facebook page, they have been asking and collecting funds from followers to help get horses out of the local LA horse auctions. However, according to the Department of Justice website, Auction Horses Rescue is NOT registered in the Registry of Charitable Trusts. That means all the money they are receiving is NOT being documented and there is no public accounting of what they are doing with the money received.
My other issue with Auction Horses Rescue is that they are deleting and banning FB users who mention other horse rescues on their page. I know because it happened to me. :mad:

During the last auction, AHR posted pictures of horses that were being shown and they pleaded for funds to rescue those horses.
Forgotten Horses Rescue, a different horse organization was also at the same auction. After the auction, people wondered if all those horses they saw on AHR’s FB page had been rescued. I (and others) mentioned that Forgotten Horses rescued a few of them. My comment was not only deleted, but I have now been banned from their FB page. :confused:

What is wrong with letting others know what happened to those horses, especially if they want to adopt one???

I would think anyone trying to rescue horses from being slaughtered would be happy to have another organization doing the same thing…but I guess Auction Horses Rescues wants to make people believe they are the only rescuers in town and to get all the donations for themselves. :no::no:[/QUOTE]

Oh honey, where to start…

Have a beer.

Now.
You ran into a bunch of kooks. The truth hurts the bottom line. That’s how come you got banned.
Rescues are a booming business, forget that those who do it right seldom make a buck.
So you got the option of
A) outright scam. They will never buy a horse, but who is to know if they delete all posts
B) are a hoarder in disguise. You pay for their illness.
there was a C) but lack of coffee made it vanish.

Maybe send their page to the people responsible for overlooking rescues and fraud cases. Nipping this in the butt.

The tactics if I remember right are similar to the ones CYBER used back in the day…loons and kooks, and that is insulting loons!

[QUOTE=Barichello;7125193]

I would think anyone trying to rescue horses from being slaughtered would be happy to have another organization doing the same thing…but I guess Auction Horses Rescues wants to make people believe they are the only rescuers in town and to get all the donations for themselves. :no::no:[/QUOTE]

Report them if they’re not registered…straight to the Attorney General. Sounds like they’re following the AC4H and Forever Morgans model.

Alagirl is right…report them to everyone you can think of. They need to be nipped in the bud.

[QUOTE=Bluey;7125282]
Well, just think, if the animal rights extremist driven BAN horse slaughter passes, all that will be moot question.

No more slaughter, no more scam rescues type horse traders can use “the truck is coming!” to sell horses.:)[/QUOTE]

And that would be just another benefit.

[QUOTE=LauraKY;7125479]
And that would be just another benefit.[/QUOTE]

Yes, another situation that can be handled thru making things better thru the proper channels.
No need to use a shotgun to kill a mosquito.:eek:
No need to follow behind animal rights extremist driven bandwagons to BAN-BAN-BAN, to eliminate any and all we do or may do with animals, here horse slaughter, what next?:no:

kWe did predict that the anti slaugthter groups would soon try and outlaw (ban) auctions as bad bad bad.

evil kill buyers there lying to sellers.

Stop all auctions and stop all sales of horses and you have created forever homes

Then you can seize their assets when they can no longer afford to keep the horses because you have charged them with neglect.

All starts with save the horse from the auction…then ban all auctions…then ban all animal consumption.

[QUOTE=Fairfax;7125506]
kWe did predict that the anti slaugthter groups would soon try and outlaw (ban) auctions as bad bad bad.

evil kill buyers there lying to sellers.

Stop all auctions and stop all sales of horses and you have created forever homes

Then you can seize their assets when they can no longer afford to keep the horses because you have charged them with neglect.

All starts with save the horse from the auction…then ban all auctions…then ban all animal consumption.[/QUOTE]

[edit] We’re talking about “scam” rescues, you’re talking about banning auctions?

[QUOTE=LauraKY;7125620]
What are you smoking? We’re talking about “scam” rescues, you’re talking about banning auctions?[/QUOTE]

Smoking whatever the three stooges usually smoke when they hijack a thread and turn it into yet another pro-slaughter/anti-slaughter trainwreck.

[QUOTE=LauraKY;7125620]
[edit] We’re talking about “scam” rescues, you’re talking about banning auctions?[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on!
Shunning people for sending their horses to small auctions has long been a popular sport, on COTH or other outlets…
In some cases going as far as to unleash the unstable to make nasty/threatening calls to the sellers.
It’s not far fetched.

[QUOTE=RubyTuesday;7125627]
Smoking whatever the three stooges usually smoke when they hijack a thread and turn it into yet another pro-slaughter/anti-slaughter trainwreck.[/QUOTE]

Of course, the antis just sit there and don’t use any chance to take personal digs, oh no.:rolleyes:

Although I have not dealt with them personally, I recognize quite a few of the adopters/supporters of AHR, and I have a very hard time believing they would support a crook/hoarding type situation. Looking at their Facebook page, it doesn’t seem they actually have many in their own care, but rather facilitate getting them to new homes albeit some are just temporary foster situations. Many wind up going to our local hospital to be treated or euthanized if that is best. IMO, they actually do good work, but can’t speak of their accounting methods. That equine hospital is pretty top of the line, so they certainly don’t skimp on treating these horses with professional care and have shown some amazing turn arounds in just a few short months.

I suppose it’s entirely possible they’re legit…maybe some locals can check them out. However, they should have their paperwork in order before soliciting donations. Looks like they don’t.

[QUOTE=candico;7125678]
Although I have not dealt with them personally, I recognize quite a few of the adopters/supporters of AHR, and I have a very hard time believing they would support a crook/hoarding type situation. Looking at their Facebook page, it doesn’t seem they actually have many in their own care, but rather facilitate getting them to new homes albeit some are just temporary foster situations. Many wind up going to our local hospital to be treated or euthanized if that is best. IMO, they actually do good work, but can’t speak of their accounting methods. That equine hospital is pretty top of the line, so they certainly don’t skimp on treating these horses with professional care and have shown some amazing turn arounds in just a few short months.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know them, but I know the good rescues are good at all a rescue needs to do, or they are not good rescues.

While they may be behind some times with this or that, it is not common and it is not for long and it is remedied as soon as possible.

I think if a rescue does most things, most of the time well, that would be a good way to judge if they are on the level, or if funny stuff is going on, being covered up with “just being sloppy”.

Even at the most recent auction, they mentioned that many other rescue organizations work together at that one. Certainly never gave me the impression they are the only rescue during these circumstances. And I’ve seen them offer to give money back to sponsors in certain other situations. From the bits I’ve read, not blaming them from removing/banning certain posters.

I was following them on Facebook - as they attend auctions in SoCal - ones that I used to attend when I lived down there - and pulled some good horses from.

So, I was curious to see what was out there - perhaps something would pop up that would be of interest.

They clearly DO get extensive vet work done on the horses that come into their care. They have photo from transport - photos at the vet office etc. And often ask that donations be sent directly to the vet office - so no, I don’t think they are “shady” per say.

But, I stopped following them when all they wanted was butterflys in the comments. They posted a horse clearly suffering from HERDA - and stated that some “abuser” must have done some sort of back yard stitch job to make the horse’s skin that way - it was obviously that the rescue people had no experience with HERDA - and were telling everyone NOT to say it was HERDA, as it may hurt the horse’s chance of finding an owner.

Ummm… if a horse is pretty clearly suffering from a terrible condition, wouldn’t you want the new owner to be aware of this?

I see the same thing on Camelot’s auction page - there will be horses posted with obvious DSLD - totally dropped pasterns, stove pipe legs with straight hocks, and they will not allow any one to mention DSLD, but rather have all sorts of bubble heads posting “OMG he is so cute!! You can totally fix that! He just needs shoes and his legs will get better!” Or claim that similarly crippled horses are “sound”.

[QUOTE=Appsolute;7125751]
I was following them on Facebook - as they attend auctions in SoCal - ones that I used to attend when I lived down there - and pulled some good horses from.

So, I was curious to see what was out there - perhaps something would pop up that would be of interest.

They clearly DO get extensive vet work done on the horses that come into their care. They have photo from transport - photos at the vet office etc. And often ask that donations be sent directly to the vet office - so no, I don’t think they are “shady” per say.

But, I stopped following them when all they wanted was butterflys in the comments. They posted a horse clearly suffering from HERDA - and stated that some “abuser” must have done some sort of back yard stitch job to make the horse’s skin that way - it was obviously that the rescue people had no experience with HERDA - and were telling everyone NOT to say it was HERDA, as it may hurt the horse’s chance of finding an owner.

Ummm… if a horse is pretty clearly suffering from a terrible condition, wouldn’t you want the new owner to be aware of this?

I see the same thing on Camelot’s auction page - there will be horses posted with obvious DSLD - totally dropped pasterns, stove pipe legs with straight hocks, and they will not allow any one to mention DSLD, but rather have all sorts of bubble heads posting “OMG he is so cute!! You can totally fix that! He just needs shoes and his legs will get better!” Or claim that similarly crippled horses are “sound”.[/QUOTE]

That just shows you that common sense is not that common.:no:

[QUOTE=Bluey;7125631]
Of course, the antis just sit there and don’t use any chance to take personal digs, oh no.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

There you go stooging again…I have said many times I am pro-slaughter but anti-abuse, but I know y’all don’t listen when you go on a thread-hijacking spree…

We have at least one Auction Rescue up here - maybe 2 - are they all connected?? They seem to run up and down the coast …

[QUOTE=candico;7125678]
Although I have not dealt with them personally, I recognize quite a few of the adopters/supporters of AHR, and I have a very hard time believing they would support a crook/hoarding type situation. Looking at their Facebook page, it doesn’t seem they actually have many in their own care, but rather facilitate getting them to new homes albeit some are just temporary foster situations. Many wind up going to our local hospital to be treated or euthanized if that is best. IMO, they actually do good work, but can’t speak of their accounting methods. That equine hospital is pretty top of the line, so they certainly don’t skimp on treating these horses with professional care and have shown some amazing turn arounds in just a few short months.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Bluey;7125497]
Yes, another situation that can be handled thru making things better thru the proper channels.
No need to use a shotgun to kill a mosquito.:eek:
No need to follow behind animal rights extremist driven bandwagons to BAN-BAN-BAN, to eliminate any and all we do or may do with animals, here horse slaughter, what next?:no:[/QUOTE]

Is it even possible for you to with hold using the same comment over and over when it has nothing to do with the original post? Don’t bother, I know the answer.

No, they are not connected. The Auction Horse Rescue up in you area is 100% legit. Many of them have learned how NOT do it based on their experience with you know who in Yakima.

I know some of the people behind it and they are fantastic. It shows if you have the right people behind something it really can be successful.