Unlimited access >

Australian Olympic jumper suspended - oh the irony!

Silly question - The horse is there already, any option for someone else to ride that horse? The remove the horse quarantine issue.

1 Like

Come to think of it, I think there was somebody who sold their horse after the most recent WEG at Tryon instead of taking it home. Although I don’t know if it was a stallion, and I don’t think it was a show jumper. Maybe an endurance horse?

But still. I remember being surprised that somebody would not bring their horse home.

I don’t know if it’s allowed under the rules, but it seems unlikely under the current system/business model.

Decades ago, when horses were loaned to the USET for international competitions, I think the chef d’equipe did have the option to match the horses with the riders as he saw fit to some degree. Maybe it was the same in other countries. But times have changed.

Well, the owners may be interested in a new rider at this point…

4 Likes

Quite possibly! Lol.

If that should happen to be the case, I don’t know if there are rules against it. Plus there’s also the question of whether a different rider still has time to fulfill whatever quarantine requirements are in place.

Horse and rider must qualify as a combination. The FEI Minimum Eligibility Requirement for Tokyo deadline was in June.

7 Likes

I’ll hold your beer and earrings. What an idiot.

3 Likes

There’s obviously a lot more to come out from behind the scenes here, but he’s clearly an inconsiderate prick, and I hope the is the end of him within the sport. Fingers crossed the remaining two get a chance as individuals and he hasn’t dashed their Olympic dreams as well, with his selfishness. I was telling my non-horsey husband about this, and he said “sounds like a Jilly Cooper novel”, and he’s not far wrong. What an absolute shame for all concerned.

5 Likes

How long does it take for a drug test to come back? Test taken June 26th - team announced June 30th. Reserve pulls out July 8th. We hear about it on July 21st. Surely it doesn’t take that long to get results???

As per usual, the only thing he actually sounds remorseful about is getting caught. What a jerk.

3 Likes

Link:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=374151037400820&id=100044177812404

3 Likes

I too had a boss named Chad who was a total chad.

2 Likes

This was the plan for one of the NZ endurance horses, but the horse ended up being euthanised.

Berni Saunders (who has her finger on the pulse in relation to EA stuff-ups!) has posted that the reserve combination (Rowan and Blue Movie) would have had to fund their own way to Tokyo with no guarantee of competing! The other three members were funded by the AOC money pot.

It just gets worse and worse!

I sincerely hope that Jamie is forced to reimburse ALL his expenses.

12 Likes

Maybe that was it. How sad for the horse.

Wow.

This article has some interesting information about when substitutions are allowed.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I have a horse named “Chad,” for very NSFW reasons that I learned from his old owner.

And he too is very much a “Chad”

Em

5 Likes

:skull:

1 Like