Unlimited access >

Back button not working

I’ve also had this issue for some weeks on my Android phone (Chrome browser). I thought it was just me.

This weekend it has now migrated to my computer browser (Chromebook, Chrome OS and Chrome browser)

I amcurrently using the Samsung phone that the back button is working on. It is so lovely and easy.

Back button on my laptop not working well either. I have to hit it slowly 5-6 times before it will work…on the COTH site only.

found a work around, at least for my use when reading a thread rather back buttoning or scroll to beginning of the thread…if you look at the header at the top of the page you are reading under the Topic is the forum…click that forum and it takes you back to the forum list

1 Like

That only works if you browse one forum at a time. I browse form “Latest”, not from a specific forum.

it does get Me to the list of forums faster than a heart beat where I can go elsewhere rather than clicking repeatedly endlessly on the back button

I do have a request (and a follow up) in regarding this issue, but in terms of navigation in the meantime, there are a couple of other options as well:

Click the big C icon at the top of the page the the left of the thread title to take you to the homepage.

Click the three-line “hamburger menu” at the top of the page, which will open up a drop down, which includes links to the different forums, or links to Latest, Unread, New, etc.

1 Like

Any updates? Still having to click back 3+ times.

Same here. Started a couple of weeks ago. All my ad blocking is turned off for COTH. This is the only site that this happens.

Back button still NOT working properly … only site where this happens.

• not on PC nor either iphone nor laptop = does not work lol !
1 Like

I finally updated chrome on this phone. Now the back button is not working on this site on all my phones.

1 Like

@Moderator_1, thanks for the tip! That workaround is a good improvement over the 3, 4, 5… 9 clicks.

Yes, I’m up to 9 or 10 clicks. I keep hoping for a fix!

1 Like

The back button is not working on my laptop and hasn’t been for a couple of weeks. I’ve been scrolling back up to the main list and starting over but now I can’t even do that, the page just keeps scrolling back down past the main list. Strangely, I can go to the articles listed on the right side of the page, and the back button works just fine, but within the forums absolutely nothing happens when I click it. This is only happening on the Chronicle site.

This issue is being looked into. In the meantime, can you navigate the site by clicking on the three-line “hamburger menu,” then clicking on the forum you’d like to visit? You can also click on the Latest, Unread or New thread display options from there.

You can also return to the sub forum of the thread you’re currently in by clicking on that forum’s name under the thread title at the top of the screen.

Clicking on the Chronicle “C” icon at the top of the page will take you back to the home page.

Do any of those options help?

It is a workaround, but it is very inconvenient.

For instance, in the morning, it may be 12 or 13 hours since I last checked. Using the “Latest” link works fine when I am reading posts from the last hour. But if I am looking at a post from 7 hours ago, it is very annoying to select “Latest”, and then have to scroll through 7 hours of posts to get “back” to where I was.

I click on that big “C” on the top left dark bar.
That brings me to the main menu.
There right below the top dark bar and an ad to subscribe to COTH reads:

“all categories Categories Latest New Unread Top My Posts”

I click on Unread and it takes me directly to a list of unread posts, on places I read or posted before, to choose from.

Would that help?

Not really. I would still have to scroll through 7 hours of unread posts.

I don’t, clicking on a line in that list takes me directly to the last post I read there?

If you just want to go back, you can right click on the back button and click on the instance of the board that was your previous page. Right now it’s three back for me.

You can do the same thing on your phone by long pressing on the back button & selecting the previous page.