Unlimited access >

Badminton;

The course walk with Eric Winter and Andrew Nicholson was interesting. Every bump in the Badminton terrain was used, no one can accuse it of being “flat”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Final Entry list;

https://www.badminton-horse.co.uk/entries/2022/

2 Likes

From an American point of view, I’m very pleased to see Tiana Coudray has a horse back at 5*. She has been based in the UK for some time and has been working very hard to establish a business and get horses up through the levels. She has largely vanished from American sight since Ringwood Magister at the 2012 Olympics.

8 Likes

that’s 250,000 during the week, not just on XC day though they do draw a huge crowd, it may not be as big this year as all tickets much be purchased in advance, but I’m sure with a 2 year Covid hiatus people will be keen to return. 500 vendors is also a huge draw

3 Likes

Just subscribed (or rented as the website calls it) to Badminton TV. I won’t be able to watch xc or sj live, so I will watch it next week when I am retired!

6 Likes

I did as well, because I really don’t want to get up at 3am. :grimacing:

1 Like

I have worked out the time zone conversions and added calendar items.

First horse inspection Weds at 11:30am Eastern!

Thursday and Friday I will not be getting up at 4am, but I’ll have dressage on my second monitor until it ends at approximately noon.

Saturday cross country from 6:30am to noon Eastern

Sunday Showjumping at 6:30am (first group) and 10:30am (top 20)

10 Likes

I’m two hours behind you so it’s worth the price to replay. It isn’t available live, without cost, as Land Rover was, so if you want to see it at all in the U.S., live or replayed, you have to pay.

A subscription includes a digital programme which I am finding quite interesting.

“Free wristlets for all children…just write your contact mobile number and name on the wristlet and secure it to your child. This will enable us to quickly reunite you if your child gets lost”.

Doggy pooper scoopers (courtesy of Mars Equestrian) are available for your use…

1 Like

that course is SERIOUSLY huge!

Badminton always is a huge course. I was there in 2014 when by lunch time only half the field had completed the course. Not only is the course huge, it also has a lot of hilly terrain. The weather is also a big factor. IN 2014 the wind was blowing 30-35 MPH with gusts to 50. There were rain squalls where the rain went horizontal. The interesting thing is the turf is so thick there, so it doesn’t really get muddy but gets spongy. Before the 2014 event it had rained in recent days. I was crossing the Vicarage fields and told my brother there were going to be a lot of tired horses.

43 horses were either eliminated or retired on XC that year.

1 Like

Keep an eye out for Lauren Innes and Global Fision M - first 5* for both of them, and Lauren is a true-blue working amateur (works as an accountant full-time) who made Flipper up from a five-year-old on her own. We did rode together on a university riding team when I went to grad school in the UK - she is a freaking genius of a rider and I’m so thrilled that she is getting her crack at the big time! Keep your fingers crossed that Flipper keeps a lid on his enthusiasm in the dressage, as he has some serious hops!

9 Likes

She is on the NZ squad now;

Wow…can’t wait to see her go! Go ammies! haha

2 Likes

Thank you for the time zone conversions, I am terrible at calculating elapsed time!

Live stream….anyone else having scrambled audio of the jog?

3 Likes

Watching the first horse inspection. Audio is horrible. Can’t understand the announcer and therefore have no idea what pair is presenting.

Yep. Scrambled. It’s more annoying when you’ve paid for the service, isn’t it?!?

3 Likes

And now the total feed is down.

Was just going to say the same thing! I believe I was very understanding of the problems with the free streaming of the jogs at KY, but I have no mercy when I just paid for the stream :angry:

2 Likes