Unlimited access >

Badminton;

Badminton radio is working….so you can hear at least…picture on live feed is completely gone now

1 Like

And the audio on Badminton Radio sounds good too – Badminton Horse Trials | Radio Badminton (badminton-horse.co.uk)](https://www.badminton-horse.co.uk/badminton-radio/)

Yeah, but I wanna see the pretty ponies. It is amazing that this stuff happen despite all the advances in technology. If you offer a subscription, then it darn well better work.

2 Likes

It’s back up, yay!

I would have to carefully consider my footwear for this phase. I could just see breaking an ankle trying to run in heels, and not being able to compete!!

1 Like

Has stream quality been fixed?

The sound is much better now, still a little bit of static and pixellation though.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll stick with Radio for now and reevaluate on XC day!

thank you for sharing Badminton radio…had no idea that was a thing!

When I went 10 years ago we flew into London and stayed in the most adorable little town called Castle Coombe. There is a place called the Manor House and it’s amazing. The setting is gorgeous and it’s 15mins from Badminton.

1 Like

Oh, I just Googled it. It looks like everything a period drama nerd like myself could dream of!

2 Likes

has anyone else noticed how most of the Americans, and most of the French are gathered together in a short space of time?

At least at KY, they do all the overseas/quarantined horses in one group to avoid unnecessary intermingling

1 Like

I had to work & missed the jogs. I hope they post a replay this afternoon or tonight! :crossed_fingers:

The way I read the website page about streaming is that they won’t be putting up any replays until the event is over (Monday.)

I saw that tickets are sold out for XC on Saturday. Anyone have an idea on the number of tickets that were to be sold? Just curious.

The jog video is up now, the audio is clean and it looks to be all there.

Watching the replay of the jogs. Molly didn’t look sound on the re-present. Not on the way up but on the way back. I’m surprised they accepted her. Karl’s horse didn’t look super sound on the way up but looked better on the way back. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Interesting question. Audience is about 170,000 over the event, the majority on xc day. The 2012 Olympics in Greenwich Park, only 180 acres so much smaller, had a capacity of 50,000. At a guess, Badminton might be 75-100,000 spectators. It is things like emergency evacuation and waste disposal that will be limiting factors. I can’t find actual figures, just the vague “capacity”.

1 Like

Oh good. I missed it this morning.