Unlimited access >

Barbara "Babs" Meegan, BBer Kennett Square, passes away (funeral info pg 3 -- Celebration of the Life of Babs info on Page 7)

Just unbelievable.

I am so saddened by the loss of such a great woman. I heard yesterday, but didn’t want to believe it.

“The base is your friend, and you can never have enough friend!”

This friend is going to miss you Babs, in a terrible way.

See you on the other side. Please get caught up on all the gossip up there, I am going to want a full report.

“I don’t trust anything that wants to have sex with it’s mother and eat’s its own poop.” G-D-G

I have no idea how I didn’t see this thread earlier.

I didn’ know KS/Babs, except through her posts here. They were thoughtful, entertaining and funny.

I am too stunned to say more than this: This thread paints a portrait of a woman that I wish I had known in person. Her eyes show the life and humor that you all have confirmed.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to all of you who are lucky enough to have known her and called her “friend”.

my condolences to her family and friends, it sounds like she was a wonderful woman

“I hope you will grow up to be gentle and good, and never learn bad ways, do your work with good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play.”
-Duchess, Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

Godspeed KS. You will be missed by so many online, and in life.

Lisa
Aiden’s web page… DOING GREAT!!

Don’t take your organs to Heaven; Heaven knows we need them here.

Godspeed, Kennett Square. You will be missed. And to those who knew her, I am so very sorry that you have lost such a wonderful woman. She touched the lives of so many.

How sad that we have such a distinguished BB in Heaven. I can only imagine how much Victor will have Babs, Dee Dee and Kathy in stitches.

I never knew Kennett Square or corresponded with her, but I read many of her posts and I am sad to hear she is gone. She posted so much that it seemed like she would always be around.

Condolences to her friends and family.

“The power of acute observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Wingsy, John just told me that you left a message for me on his voicemail Friday night.

Give me a jingle at the office if you’d like.

{{{{ major hug }}}}

A person is prohibited to eat until he first feeds his animals.

• Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot 40a

This is just beyond awful. Although I only met her once (at FPP), she was such a nice, fun person. So interesting to talk to & so friendly - whether she knew you or not.

I find these sorts of things so difficult to fathom, & although I am not by nature a litigious person, I can only assume that her family will/must have many, many, many questions for that doctor that saw KS on Thursday & sent her home with just an inhaler.

My body is a temple - unfortunately, it’s a “fixer-upper”.

Many of us have not met KS but felt we had through not only her posts, but the photos that ETBW would post from VA gatherings, and KS’s own lively spirited posts.

And of course Inverness’ own posts were delightful.

I was thinking of KS before I saw this earlier today, when I saw a photo of a tiara being worn upside down. I was wondering if she had tried that look yet.
I doubt I shall look at another tiara without thinking of KS.

“Proud Member Of The I Love Dublin, Starman Babies, Mini Horse, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques”

This is such sad news. Although I only knew Babs through reading her posts on the BB, I wish I had known her in person. She obviously has touched many many people. My condolences to her friends and family.

Oh Paige . . . you did her so proud at Morven Park this weekend!!! I think she had her eye on you.

A person is prohibited to eat until he first feeds his animals.

• Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot 40a

I didn’t know KS “Babs” and don’t want to be intrusive. I like many others, read her posts and enjoyed her sense of humour and enthusiasm. She must have been absolutely incredible in order to invoke such responses and tributes. She has obviously left this world a better place but at the same time, a much sadder one.

“If you are going through hell, keep going.” ~Churchill~

“I can teach monkeys to ride!”

I am crying again.

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

Indeed we have all lost a very good friend today. Too many tears to write more.

Larosa

I am among those who knew Babs via this BB community. God Speed to a wonderful person and horseman.

I am so sorry to hear this. Babs was a great person who always made everyone around her laugh.

There’s a lot less laughter in the world today.

Those of us who have had the divine pleasure of having known Babs would know:

Regarding fashion–

*that it is always appropriate for a lady to wear pearls. She often taught lessons wearing the string of pearls that she saved up for and picked out very carefully to perfectly match her complexion.

*that tiaras are almost always appropriate, especially if you have golden locks upon which to set said tiara.

*that feather boas are a nice-to-have accessory, but not necessary if the pearls and tiara are in place.

Regarding horse hunting–

*that if you said you wanted an A-quality show hunter ready to go in the ring with auto changes and not grey, not chestnut, not bay, not a mare, between 16.1 and 16.101 hands with no health issues for $1000, she would turn over every rock in 5 states to find you that horse – and she would find it.

Regarding charity–

*if you had no horse to ride, she would lend you Robert, the real Kennett Square, the love of her life and the most prized possession (after the pearls) she had.

How awful. I only knew her as “Kennett Square” but she always was engaging and entertaining on the bb. Clearly she was much loved and will be missed in Virginia and Cyberspace.

Resident racing historian
Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Wow! I’m speechless.

I had the pleasure of meeting Babs at FPP as well and found her to be the same in person as on this board…wonderfully friendly and absolutely hysterical.

My thoughts are with her entire “family” now as I am sure that the shock and sadness are unbelievable.

Saturday is my birthday as well. I will certaintly be thinking about her and will raise my glass in her honor.

As Miss Maam says “Mommy isn’t always a pain in the a**”

Babs was the face at horse shows that always had a smile and a joke. She made everyone around her smile.

May your journey take you to far off places,
May your humor introduce you to far off faces
Behind you leave memories of joy and gladness
You touched our lives, and we’ll smile thru sadness