Barisone Aftermath: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity, And Then

In that video of the cross-exam linked above: If you look under this comment, you will find a recent reply by LK.

3 Likes

I always think I want them but they are so tedious once Iā€™m reading them

2 Likes

No. The phrase is used to indicate that someone is not seeing things clearly/is imagining things. It does not mean that I think you are literally doing drugs. Considering Laurenā€™s battle with drugs (and I am truly sorry about that), I would expect that you would be very against their use.

4 Likes

Under this comment, LK and Sean McCarthy (person in wheelchair) have a go at each other.

4 Likes

Tedious for sure. But theyā€™re also kind of like a train wreck in that I canā€™t look away.

2 Likes

Thank you for a laugh out loud moment in a boring work day!! :rofl:

5 Likes

Can you possibly link (or PM if itā€™s easier) to the YouTube where sheā€™s active, please? Iā€™ve got a bucket of espresso and half an hour to kill. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Approx post # 1462 has the link

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how LK is connected to the guy in the wheelchair? Is he related to RG somehow?

1 Like

Thank you so much, have a fab day.

2 Likes

The thing is that the sport is difficult for everyone. Dressage ainā€™t easy! It is arguably easier if you have money. That can buy you more access to quality horses, trainers, competitions, clinics, etc. Many of us also struggle with old injuries or health conditions while participating in the sport. Sheā€™s actually ā€œahead of the gameā€ in respect to a lot of people due to the training, horses, and money that she has. It still doesnā€™t make the sport easy, but she has some advantages, I would say.

I donā€™t know whether or not the psych facility needs to hear from her, but they probably only want relevant and proven info. Proof doesnā€™t always seem to be behind what she says. Still waiting for these audios to drop :bomb:

5 Likes

I ā€œthinkā€, from the little Iā€™ve seen, itā€™s RGs brother. Going to go through the YT comments now.

5 Likes

Some general thoughts.

If Seeker1 really Is KK, she is toxic and delusional because even the most dysfunctional parent of infamous true crime figures usually know enough to shut up and be discrete.

On the other hand if the user name was hijacked or even invented by a family member I doubt the parents would threaten to sue or have it shut down.

I also wonder about the progress of the civil suit. You can hire a criminal defence lawyer to defend anyone no matter how heinous or crazy, as long as the defendent has cash and does not argue with the lawyer. The lawyer may not get you off completely but will count it a professional win if they get your punishment mitigated.

You cannot get a lawyer to run a civil suit claim however unless they think thereā€™s a good chance of winning. And no lawyer likes clients that make fools of their lawyers, for instance by illegally taping them.

11 Likes

It seemed like the civil lawyer who went on TV and called the criminal trial jury insane was a perfect match for them.

12 Likes

So, Iā€™m watching the YouTubeā€™s posted in the Depp Vs Heard thread about liars. Itā€™s kind of fascinating. He talks about liars sell, gestures we see liars make, etcā€¦.

One of the things the behavior analysis said is that when someone is lying they tend to give us a lot of completely unrelated details. Sounds like quite a few of LKā€™s posts would fit that billā€¦.especially post 70 in Thatā€™s A Twistā€¦.

10 Likes

Quoting myselfā€¦the gestures thing is really interesting considering the left/right shooting gestures that was made by LKā€¦

7 Likes

The thing with the USEF/USDF/SS/dressage world in general ā€œdiscriminationā€ is that it needs to be actual proven discrimination. No one has a ā€œrightā€ to dressage, these memberships, and/or competition. If someone wants to ban her or treat her a certain way as a direct result of her actions and words, then thatā€™s on her. Those are the consequences of her behaviors. Now, if itā€™s purely BS and discrimination, then by all means, call them out on it.

I can imagine that some entities are a bit hesitant to ban because sheā€™s a victim. A sensationalist that doesnā€™t take everything into account would go ā€œOMG, they banned (or whatever) a victim of a shooting!1!11!!ā€ Which, yes, thatā€™d be fact, but being a victim does not absolve you of your bad behaviors. Sure with MB his actions were explained by him being insane, at the time, and some of it had to do with past trauma. So yes, your past could absolve you, in a way, but her negative behaviors began way before this shooting happened, so there is that to look at as well. Plus itā€™s to be analyzed on a case by case basis.

I did ask the question as to what extent a victim should or could be liable and to what extent we hold them responsible for their actions re LK, but none of her supporters, at the time, wanted to answer that question. Itā€™s a tough question and Iā€™m not sure that the answer is so clear, but itā€™s an interesting and complex point of discussion nonetheless.

7 Likes

Plus MB did one act that was judged to be insane on one afternoon. Not for the past 20 years or so.

11 Likes

Wow.

They must have some fun family get togethers at the holidays.

7 Likes

Yes, that too.

3 Likes