Barisone Aftermath: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity, And Then

Maybe you are just hanging out with the wrong people?

And really…in the grand scheme of life I am confused why it matters. But then, I guess if your whole point is to make things in this thread go sideways, it makes perfect sense.

23 Likes

I’m Knights Mom not Knights MeeMaw

13 Likes

Wrong again.

https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-modals_shall-will.htm

2 Likes

me too.

3 Likes

I do wonder if SS or USEF are reviving the complaints against LK. With all that was admitted to on the stand it seems like that would be a logical next step.
No one likes to be lied to and with admitting that she lies for pleasure, how are SS/USEF supposed to believe anything that LK says when there is evidence showing she has done the opposite over and over again.

13 Likes

In legal documents, shall means must. The trustee shall distribute income. In that case the trustee has no discretion. If it says the trustee may distribute income, there is discretion.

We use shall every day. And it has nothing to do with being British.

21 Likes

When shall begins a sentence it takes more of a “should” type meaning.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard if the Kanarek Klan is currently harrassing anyone on the periphery of the MB case?

3 Likes

Disagree I am American and I and plenty of other Americans use Shall -

14 Likes

I too, Boston born and breed - now a NYer. Even in NYC we use shall. Must be a northeastern thing….

10 Likes

I use “shall” all the time just as I use “may” instead of “can”.

12 Likes

No! You people can not use shall! CH says it is not used in the US so you must not use it.

17 Likes

I’m all rebel-y n chi+

10 Likes

That is a good news, bad news post. Regardless, he looks lovely.

6 Likes

I wonder if CH is one who uses “I” when the grammatically correct word would be “me”.

12 Likes

I fixed it. See bolding.

12 Likes

Shall I not use shall? If I shall, shall it mean that I’m all Britishy?

12 Likes

As my mother would say: " I am sure you CAN, the question is MAY you"

9 Likes

ah, no, using correct English… I am dyslexic so writing is hard for me , but I do remember a few of the rules that my mother taught me … my mother would make the grammar rules into a saying … and it helped me. The beehive for prepositions is a good one, anything that goes to or from the bee hive, is a preposition… I still don’t know what a preposition is but when I think of the bee hive I find the right one… I miss my Mum…

8 Likes

I shall try but I shan’t fret over errors whilst posting.

20 Likes