Unlimited access >

Barisone assessment

3 Likes

Why on earth would MHG, an upper level rider, EVER be jealous of LK who had but a fraction of a riding skill set and experience?

LK certainly wasn’t rich enough or talented enough.

Oh and he did give notice telling her he no longer wanted her. Except you want to conflate that notice with an eviction notice.

27 Likes

mine, in bold

7 Likes

You actually think MHG was jealous of any attention given to Lauren??? Honestly???

The only reason Lauren would have been on MHG’s radar is because of what problems she insisted on creating. MHG was not intimidated, jealous or any of those emotions.

MHG has moved on with her life and been successful, unlike LK, who on the other hand continued a SM campaign designed to continue to trash MHG. Lauren and IM, who insisted there would be bombshells showing how MHG was the crux of the issue.

We are all still waiting on those non-existent bombshells!

BTW, MHG is still on track for the Olympics.

LK? Not so much, maybe on track for a nap in RG’s truck!

25 Likes

Remember @CurrentlyHorseless telling a client they are no longer wanted does NOT require, and is not combined with, an eviction notice.

20 Likes

@CurrentlyHorseless and/or @Seeker1

Can you tell us what the basis is for this belief? Or any evidence?

MHG’s testimony in the civil trial was gracious and classy, and she very deliberately avoided the opportunity to trash LK. Not the actions of a person who was jealous of someone else’s talent.

24 Likes

And LK shoehorned in an attempted insult of MHG when they weren’t even discussing her - the exact opposite. It was…very illuminating re: the characters of the two women.

23 Likes

Wait a minute!

It’s been stated elsewhere, perhaps testified to in the civil trial, is that one of things that LK was upset about was that she was relegated to taking lessons from the assistants, JH and MHG, and she wasn’t getting the attention she believed she was due from Barisone?

How can MHG have been jealous of the attention LK was getting from Barisone if Barisone wasn’t teaching and training her?

Both things can’t be true.

LK saying MHG was jealous of her is classic projection.

35 Likes

not jealous of Lauren… Jealous of the Attention.

1 Like

In my experience with people who have behavior that resembles LKs, suggesting it was a jealousy thing is a way to save face when the other party has actually simply seen through the BS.

In this case, MHG as friend, fiance and business associate of MB, sounding the alarm about what she saw this client doing probably is what put a target on her. These people really don’t like to be exposed for what they’re up to, or their BS.

This very much applies to the Civil trial.
What little glimpses of the absolute nonsense these character’s were up to was just the tip of the iceberg, imagine.

20 Likes

It’s clear that MHG had considerable animosity toward LK and wanted her off the property. The bottom line is that her desire to have LK out of HH put pressure on MB to end the client relationship with LK.

It hardly matters whether MHGs reason for wanting LK gone was because 1) she just didn’t like LK, 2) she resented the time MB was devoting to LK, or 3) whether she wanted the apartment in the farmhouse for herself.

MHG wanted LK gone at least as early as April.

If MB himself also wanted her gone, why did he not clearly ask her to leave (prior to Aug 5/6)? He had not asked her to leave as of Aug 3, per MHGs testimony.

Gee, golly, why is it no one answers that obvious question?

I see no evidence that LK was jealous of the time MB was spending with MHG, or tried to “insert herself into their relationship”. Eeuw. Of course he’s going to spend the most time with a talented professional with a shot at the Olympics who is fiancée to boot.

1 Like

she made a deal based on Michael as her trainer. If that was not happening she could have looked elsewhere. Bait and switch by Michael

1 Like

Yeah well that’s sick. That’s a stunning lack of maturity. How embarrassing!!

Edited to clarify: I’m speaking of LK being jealous of the attention MHG got.

15 Likes

on MHG’s part for sure

Point of interest, RG testified that JH had been training through 2018 going forward.

There is further testimony elsewhere that in April 2019, MHG was training LG, until she told MB that wasn’t working.

So it appears that for at least a year, based on testimony, MB wasn’t training LK and her horses. So if her expectations weren’t being met, why stay for a year+?

18:39

Mr B: is Michael Barisone training her and her horses in the summer of 2018?

RG: it was more Justin Harden was training, Michael was in the background and, you know, gave tips and advice and yeah he was already overseeing and, you know, adding adding input along the way.

Mr B: and that’s basically basically pretty much what Lauren expected with regards to the arrangement that she made correct?

objection…sustained…

Mr B: In the very beginning, in 2018, in the summer, Justin Harden was training Lauren and her horses, with Michael Barisone overseeing the operation, correct?

RG: Okay

Mr B: and did Justin Harden continue to train throughout 2018 before you guys went back down
to ?

RG: Yes he did and I see where this is going so um, Michael wanted to get to know the horses before he got on so if we’re trying to get to was Michael the planned trainer, yes he was. He was supposed to be eventually the main trainer of Lauren’s horses.

13 Likes

And there’s evidence that was the agreement? A contract, or witnesses to a verbal agreement?

Or is that Lauren’s likely skewed perception of what the deal was? Paying way below market rate for training board and rent, including a barter agreement, but getting lots of individual attention from an Olympic level rider? Not a likely scenario.

I hope you know that it is VERY unusual for an international level rider and trainer to take a second level amateur as a private student. It would be WAY more typical to have the majority of the instruction done by assistants and just have Barisone oversee it.

27 Likes

Of course any person would have animosity towards LK. Just ask the public who developed animosity just by watching the trial. And I think it’s better to replace the word animosity in MHGs case with the word disgust. I wouldn’t want LK near me or my barn. Were she friends with someone I knew I’d distance from that person. LK is a toxin.

And clearly LK knew she was asked to leave because her father was negotiating her leaving.

Again, getting rid of a boarder does not require an eviction notice.

22 Likes

mine in bold

4 Likes

So, there wasn’t even any ‘attention’ (or even ‘Attention’) for MHG to be jealous of. Thanks for clearing that up with sworn testimony by someone who was involved.

15 Likes

It’s an interesting piece of testimony, for sure. It helps clarify a thing or two.

7 Likes