Unlimited access >

Barisone Case on 48 Hours, 10:00 PM Eastern, Saturday, 9/17

@Angela_Freda, are you talking about the woman with the white collar?
I agree with Ekat, I believe that is LO.

Best description of all times!

9 Likes

Boyd Martin makes an appearance. The intro is intenseā€¦definitely did their editing work for utmost interest lol

13 Likes

Can someone post the link to the trailer for viewers outside the US? It was posted on the other MB thread but itā€™s too big for me to scroll through without crashing my phone.

1 Like

https://www.cbsnews.com/48-hours/ Hereā€™s the 3 minute long trailer, but I donā€™t know if it will run outside the U.S.

I couldnā€™t find a Youtube version of the trailer.

3 Likes

Here is the Youtube version:

5 Likes

The link is in the article from Horse Sport also, worked in Canada.

2 Likes

Ah the CBS version worked for me. I expect the online threats angle is very timely these days, and something many people would be interested in because thereā€™s really no checks on online activity.

I wonder if the key players get to preview the show before it airs? LK does not come off well in the preview! Curious to watch how her and the various flying monkey alters try to vindicate her after not getting the coverage they expected.

13 Likes

I donā€™t think they get a preview. I think when you agree to be on the show, you agree to let them edit how they want to edit and giving a preview would lead to all kinds of teeth gnashing and such which might delay their ability to put the show out there.

8 Likes

I have to say I find it a little disappointing that a fifth of the way through the 21st century, the TV show still feels the need to play up the aspect of a triangle between two women and one man. Itā€™s not a soap opera from fifty years ago.

I do think the social media aspect of the story will probably ring a bell with lots of people these days.

30 Likes

My personal take: 48 hours is at the end of the day a show and they have to make money. We donā€™t have to be happy with the episode. I get everyone wants to burn the witch. FFS People suck. Help MB because itā€™s the right thing to do but you donā€™t need to rent your head space to LK.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually kind of interesting when you think about the old theory that people tend to go for someone who reminds them of their parents.

12 Likes

But this is true, in the head of Lauren it is true. She might not have wanted him as a lover but she wanted 100% of his attention.

15 Likes

Yes, but it was more of a trainer/customer or tenant/landlord dispute, not a love triangle, which is the impression most people would probably get from the preview if they knew nothing about the situation.

Unlike the rest of us, who have been hashing it over for more than three years.

I do realize that the TV show just wants as many viewers as possible, and they probably donā€™t care too much about how they get them. But I still find that old slant to be a little irksome in this day and age.

However, hopefully the episode will get gigantic ratings, and that will encourage them to cover the civil trial!

20 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely be watching as soon as itā€™s available online.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I hope I can stay up till 10 lol. I have no way to record or watch online

4 Likes

Well, worst case scenario, the play by play discussion here on the BB will probably cover the show extremely thoroughly. Lol.

9 Likes

Forgot to say how will they fit it all in 1 hour?

3 Likes

I donā€™t see any possible way they can, especially since itā€™s really only a little more than 40 minutes when you deduct the time for commercials.

Maybe they are planning on a follow up episode for the later developments after the criminal trial. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

but this is the story that has been described on these forums is it not? I think that it is MBs version of events?

I find 48hrs to show both sides pretty well usually. They may start looking to support someone and then it changes midway or vice versa. That good TV stuff. Itā€™s one of the best true crime shows of all timeā€¦cant wait :stuck_out_tongue:

48 hours to me gives equal time to everyone. Itā€™s a bad look to not like the episode over them giving time to LK.

But then I apparently fall into the same category as @Jealoushe because I find the ranting, rehashing, OMG LK annoying.