Barisone/Kanarek Legal Filings (Public Record)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

4 Likes

I’d sure like to be a fly on the wall for those interrogatories though. Those are going to be interesting reading for the attorneys involved.

8 Likes

Yes, a shift in that data room would be a real doozy, I’m sure.

3 Likes

I’m quite the keyboard detective! :cool: No kidding though, I bet that poster was Shelley whoever. The older lady who defends her. I think RG also reads here.

3 Likes

Considering COTH would require subpoenas from USEF and/or SS to obtain identity, I would think this is bogus. Their monitoring Facebook, however, is a horse of a different color. That is assuming they have the time, interest and inclination to do that type of monitoring.

Her “monitors” if there are any, are her minions who are lurking to alert her to anything said they believe is super derogatory against her. And, that’s a stretch. Remember, Lk is the mistress of veiled threats.

5 Likes

So, that makes you one of the “Detectives” now, right?

1 Like

I hope you are not being sarcastic. I edited it to reflect your suggestion.

1 Like

And don’t you think if COTH was handing over identities of posters, they would be obligated to let those posters know in some way? E-mail, letter in writing, etc.

3 Likes

Well I guess it would! Please remember it’s “detective” not detective.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the capped D

1 Like

A refresher from post #5 on page 1:

" At the time she made that threat, Kanarek was known to be familiar with firearms, to have claimed and/or actual access to a firearm, and to have used a firearm in the past for purposes of shot at her boyfriend and/or his motorcycle while she was in a fit of rage."

7 Likes

Ooooh I get the capped D too!!! :smiley:

Denali does a cartwheel in her hotel room

4 Likes

QFP. And thank you. I wasn’t planning on searching for that!

4 Likes

Here is the entire post so there is no question whether it was manipulated and it is still accessible on the NJ.courts.com site.

10 Likes

Be careful! This is not a time to get injured!

5 Likes

Are you on vacation or business??? Stay safe!

Somewhere she was saying that the assistant trainer was recorded robbing them of something from their bedroom. She had it on film that he entered their bedroom and Rob said something was missing. But no police report was filed that I know about. Anyone else?

4 Likes

You’re no fun.

4 Likes

Yeah, there was conversation about that and nothing came from anyone being able to find any police report. Some speculated RG may have taken her jewelry to sustain himself while she was in the hospital. I may have been one of those speculating that theory, As I recall she said “immediately” after the shooting or “the day after the shooting” but the problem with that is there was police tape up and the investigation went on for several days after the shooting. RG and JK were the ones there the next day and could have accessed the house (not saying they did, but they were both there).

2 Likes

This is from Trans ID: LCV2020530535, starting on page 7. Bold is mine. It doesn’t look like MB is disputing that he shot LK, but is arguing battered person and defense of himself and others on the farm.

SEPARATE DEFENSES
FIRST SEPARATE DEFENSE
The Complaint fails to state claims and/or causes of action upon which relief could be granted.
SECOND SEPARATE DEFENSE
Defendant was not competent at the time of the alleged incident and, as a result, should have no liability to Plaintiff for her injuries, by reason of Barisone’s mental state and/or condition which included but was not limited to battered-person-syndrome cause by Plaintiff’s campaign of emotional battery against Defendant and/or persons in his care.
THIRD SEPARATE DEFENSE
Alternatively, Plaintiff’s claims and/or prayers for relief are barred by application of principles of self-defense and defense of others, including adults, teenagers, children and/or horses using the farm.
FOURTH SEPARATE DEFENSE
Injuries and damages sustained by the Plaintiff are the result, in whole and/or material part, of the Plaintiff’s own acts and omissions, including but not limited Plaintiff’s acts and omission which constituted the root cause of an alleged injury, and/or Plaintiff’s negligent, reckless, and/or intentional failure to avoid injuries she sustained.
FIFTH SEPARATE DEFENSE
Plaintiff’s claims are barred by her own intervening intentional, reckless, malicious, and/or negligent acts, actions and/or omissions.
SIXTH SEPARATE DEFENSE
Plaintiff’s claims and damages are barred, and/or must be reduced, by application of principles of comparative negligence and/or comparative fault, including but not limited to the law as expressed under the New Jersey Comparative Negligence Act.
SEVENTH SEPARATE DEFENSE
In the event that it is determined that this Defendant has liability to Plaintiff for her injuries and/or damages (which liability is denied), this Defendant is entitled to a credit, set off, and/or other reduction with respect to any and all collateral source payments Plaintiff received as a result of the incident(s), in accordance with N.J.S.A. § 2A:15-97.

7 Likes