Barisone/Kanarek Legal Filings (Public Record)

How is it any different from your endless hypotheticals?

11 Likes
In the last thread, the mod explicitly said that speculating on a poster’s identity was NOT a violation of forum rules.  I understand that you have promised not to speculate on identities further, but I haven’t. 

I was incorrect in thinking that FitzE indicated in the George Morris thread that she was Canadian, and have apologized, and reposted the apology when she said that she missed it. 

When someone is declaiming on the law, I think it is relevant whether their experience reflects US law or the law of another country.

I believe FitzE specifically said that she was NOT characterizing actual NJ law but instead was discussing how laws “might be written” to create useful incentives.

2 Likes

Declaim = utter or deliver words or a speech in a rhetorical or impassioned way, as if to an audience.

Annoy = irritate (someone); make (someone) a little angry.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, but the case law cited by KM (Crowe?) shows that NJ does in fact have this law in place and practice.

And besides being an exercise in mental … stuff-ness, what’s your goal in supporting your argument? You writing a paper on social media confirmation bias or something?

12 Likes

The poster is not Canadian. Why can’t you move on?

13 Likes

It was an elegant and thoughtful discussion of how the law “might” assign liability to create the correct incentives. She was clear that it was a discussion of general principles (hypothetical), not an assertion of the actual law in NJ or anywhere. What I was interested in knowing was what the actual law in NJ was. It was a thoughtful post, and I didn’t disagree with anything in it, it just didn’t answer the question I was interested in.

Nevertheless, some posters, unlike me, have concluded that her post DOES describe the actual law in NJ, despite her clear statement to the contrary.

That’s what I thought. Members of the Armed Forces tend to take that sort of thing seriously.

9 Likes

I am not writing a paper on social media confirmation bias.

ooh, ooh! does that mean me? Please say yes!

3 Likes

Yes! Your post #406!

And I give up unlike you that immediately jumps to criticism?

1 Like

What was a really interesting thread has once again become the YD show of shows about one meaningless topic. What happened to ignoring her repeated argumentative posts?

Can we please move on before the thread is shut down due to one poster’s desire to hijack it?

26 Likes

GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

And its LilRanger for the win!

Have you been able to find anything supporting your stance that NJ follows your jurisdiction of punishing the homeowner for hiring an unlicensed contractor? I hate to do all the heavy lifting here, especially since I’ve got a beverage in one hand…

And if this ain’t the weeds, I’m a licensed contractor!

9 Likes

Eh not really. I learned some stuff. What do you want your thread to be? LK is the devil?

2 Likes

Agreed, we all have I believe, but now we’re arguing state laws that have nothing to do with whether RG is licensed or not or whether MB knew he was licensed, As @LilRanger just said, we’re in the deep weeds.

4 Likes

It was @LilRanger, who (unlike me) interpreted FitzE’s post as describing actual NJ law as opposed to being a general discussion of principles.

I thought you and I agreed that she was talking about general principles of how the state “might” assign liability to create useful incentives, rather than the actual law in any specific state.

Not sure who you think I am criticizing.

A tonne is a metric unit of weight that equals 1000 kg. A ton is British/American unit of weight that equals 2000 lbs.

‘Tonne’ is not a different spelling for ‘ton’.

Nothing to do with Canadian spelling.

26 Likes

H-e-double toothpicks no.
If he washed out, and he’s still claiming to be a Marine, that’s pretty bad. I’ve known a few Marines, dated one, and it’s part of their identity. Not something they’d appreciate someone falsely claiming.

16 Likes
 Ah, but I never said that I think NJ laws are similar to my jurisdiction. I said that I didn’t read FitzEs post as asserting that actual NJ law awards treble damages even if the homeowner knew full well that he had hired an unlicensed contractor.