Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

Huh. Being egregiously biased while presiding, and not following higher court-established Krol standards, is just hunky-dory. But posting yourself lip-syncing rap songs on TikTok will get you disciplined. Great state.

^Gift link. Not great behavior, but it doesn’t affect others’ lives like Taylor’s does!
12 Likes

He will retire now under an agreement of no sanctions if he retires. That is my bet.

4 Likes

I now know what a cronut is and will have to find one near me!!! Edited to add: I do know were Waldo is; a zillion years ago parents and I were vacationing on some Fla beach. It happened that i had a pet duck named Waldo ( who turned out to be a girl, lol). I made my parents detour thru that town on our way back north. Clearly they thought I was NQR but humored me anyway.

6 Likes

Now see, that sounds like a reasonable indulgence to humor your child who may seem to be NQR.

Rather than, for example, helping them make somebody else homeless.

9 Likes

Enough of the speculation regarding the origin of Miss Kanarek’s username.

20 Likes

That is one selling point of the glass ones. They can be sterilized effectively.

Yeh I know glass???

Anyway I was in a thrift store the other day and there was a Mom with one young teen and one grade schooler. The youngest picked up an odd shaped “massager” and asked what it was for because of its shape. Mom just said sore muscles and older brother told him to put it down as you didn’t know where it had been. Which led to even more questions from little brother. Mom quickly skedaddled and told her boys to stop goofing around as I was trying to hide my giggles.

12 Likes

Well Law and Crime it seems jumping on the review bandwagon. Must be because the YT hit 1m views. I have to say, this appears to me to be the most accurate summary put out by a news organization yet. From Yesterday.

27 Likes

It sure seems to have set LK off again. She’s all over those comments.

4 Likes

Then comments on Law and Crime?

Embarassing herself some more.

4 Likes

One of the vending machines by my old subway stop in Osaka sold used panties/knickers - they did a roaring trade. People are weird.

9 Likes

17 Likes

Honestly, instead of a conspiracy theory where the Kanawrecks have some in with law enforcement, this is my bet. I think that LE saw this as an open and shut case and decided they didn’t really have to do all the leg work as this was “open and shut”. Boy were they wrong.

19 Likes

This makes sense for the shooting part.

It does not make sense for the police department being unwilling to help Michael at all before the shooting or their desire to bend over backwards to do anything and everything that Lauren Kanarek, Robert Guy Goodwin, and Jonathan Kanarek suggested was the right answer.

17 Likes

Agreed trubandloki. I don’t understand their unwillingness to help.

7 Likes

Honestly, lazy and bias explains a lot of the pre-shooting behavior as well. Plus RG telling the first officer that the shooting was recorded probably had a lot to do with how that was handled. The police probably thought they’d have other amazing proof so they didn’t have to do all of their job.

11 Likes

Not only were they wrong (if this is true) but they would also be guilty of negligence of duty and betraying the trust of the public who expect people’s rights to be upheld.

16 Likes

Don’t take my statement as any sort of forgiveness to the Police. They screwed up big time. And I agree about negligence of duty

6 Likes

If they had only let MB speak to the precinct supervisor when he bothered to show up there, maybe things would have turned out differently.

I guess the “community service” part of their oath didn’t apply.

20 Likes

I suspect the reason they didn’t was because the tone of the precinct was set by the same supervisor. Why would they risk getting in trouble if they knew the supervisor gave a hoot? Answer: the supervisor would also have sent him on his way

7 Likes

Maybe it was incompetency/negligence but police will always beg off of involving themselves with anything that remotely appears to be a “civil” matter in my experience.

7 Likes