Barisone- New Thread

Oh yeah. “Do you honestly believe, there is any explanation on the face of the earth for Justin Hardin stealing her phone to look something up, not once, but twice?”

This was about the search on LKs phone for the anonymous hotline to call DYFS.

19 Likes

I just rewatched the opening statements and the judge asked them not to mention how much time has passed if they could help it, because of the pandemic.

1 Like

Meh. Mr. B doesn’t have me here. People often state they ‘disappear’ inside their head. I can absolutely see a gunshot / trauma victim stating that they ‘didn’t know where they went’. I don’t see this as evidence of anything other than someone trying to describe the feeling of being shot and having internal bleeding, shock setting in, adrenaline etc.

7 Likes

This is incredible. Wow. It’s like the printing of the journal at the end of Cruel Intentions revealing the truth.

3 Likes

He did say 2 1/2 years ago. Problem is ED had said four, so he incorrectly quoted ED.

1 Like

[quote=“DustBunny02, post:2163, topic:771345, full:true”]

I think you are missing the point here. ED said on the stand (and on Court TV later…) that the incident was 4 years ago. It was not. Bilinkis had the opportunity to point this out, he did not. I was sad.

5 Likes

How did MBs phone get on that table? Mr B
How did it get on that table!

3 Likes

GREAT comparison!

poor guy’s gonna throw up

Pass, thanks.

8 Likes

its so hard to lay this out because they have such a convoluted story, tangled and knotted with lies and changing stories.

Location of the phones at the scene! How sis MB phone end up on the table.
Maybe he tried to call 911 like he had so many times after a discussion turned south?
location of their phones…

2 Likes

Yes. The placement of the phones. What on earth ?

1 Like

I’m sure it’s a very personal thing… but when I broke my leg (very severe break), went into shock, adrenaline shakes… I remember every single minute, every joke I made to try to lighten the situation as I laid there in the freezing cold, I remember everything. Obviously no head injury involved, but I don’t think you can say trauma = no accurate memory, just as we can’t say the opposite. It’s am individual thing.

6 Likes

Maybe they were all sitting at the table talking.

8 Likes

Feeling kind of the same way.

I also, despite really being bothered by many of LK’s actions and some of the inconsistency, find this a little over the top - I would expect someone who went through a traumatic event to be muddled about what happened and not necessarily consistent, just as a matter of how human memory works and how it is easily, quickly degraded and unreliable in the best of circumstances. I wouldn’t expect her to be able to answer super detailed things about what phones are where and various other things.

I have plenty of doubts about her and LG, but at the same time hammering some of this stuff makes me uncomfortable.

3 Likes

the point is that she then changed the story to she ran around, went up and down the stairs, in and out of the house… so one of those is a lie.

11 Likes

Which is I guess my point. I don’t think her testimony on this is a lie per se. It could just be how she experienced things. Everyone is different.

4 Likes

He is just listing all the lies we have been discussing here. I had wondered if the jury would remember all that. It is her actions that caused the whole problem.

17 Likes

I must admit I laughed hysterically at Mr. B demonstrating her going up and down the stairs.

4 Likes

true. It just seemed a little over the top to me.

1 Like