Barisone- New Thread

I got the impression that you didn’t have to plead them together (or even at all), but if you wanted to plead both of them you had to do it together. The previous process was to plead one, and if you got a guilty verdict to then go back and retry the other to see if you got a different outcome.

1 Like

One of the most apt descriptions of them I have ever read.

18 Likes

There was definitely a day early on in the first week when the judge admonished the defense attorney for something with no prompting, and then turned around and let the prosecutor do the exact same thing just a minute or two later.

The defense attorney objected, and the judge sustained that objection, so obviously the prosecutor was in the wrong. But the judge did nothing about it until the defense attorney brought it up.

To me, that seemed to set the tone for the whole trial.

22 Likes

I think it depends whose witness is up also though, in regards to the way the judge acts.

I am glad to hear that MB has someone in his life beyond family and friends to help him through this time and whatever he faces in the future.

Again, like others here, I hope he can get mental health care regardless of the outcome of the trial.

10 Likes

And daddy likes to watch.

4 Likes

I think that would be giving too much credit to RG himself. But maybe not to some of the other people who were pulling the strings.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s true. You can plead to one or the other or both. If you plead both, they must be tried in the same trial.

The judge just ruled that the jury will not have an option to consider “not guilty be reason of self defense”.

It looks like the choice on attempted murder is:
Not guilty
Not guilty by reason of insanity
Guilty

I would have taken the plea deal.

3 Likes

I was responding to an earlier post, not commenting on the charges. For some reason, the quote function is not working for me today, but if you look at the post I replied to, my comment will make sense.

A poster said:

Taylor wants this trial to be based on Barisone’s state of mind. That’s what all the testimony has been about.

And I replied:

MB’s lawyer made this about state of mind with the “not guilty by reason of insanity”. The judge is making sure the testimony stays in this lane.

2 Likes

You are a survivor. Prayers for you.

7 Likes

Schellhorn WAS playing games… lecturing everyone on what he thought happened (when he was not there), preening, posturing and even bullying.

And yet all that nonsense was peachy-keen with Taylor. The judge never asked The Moustache That Roared to move along in his droning self adoration… he never objected to hearsay or snide comments… he basically gave the guy free rein to do whatever he wanted and say whatever he pleased - carte blanche!

And yes, he should have been shut down, asked to clarify, had comments stricken from the record etc. That was most definitely a “game”… played with the full approval of Taylor.

33 Likes

Well, the bigger problem is that MB did not use the gun in self defense …

3 Likes

What happened to the phrase" Beyond a reasonable doubt".?

12 Likes

If so, welcome, strangers! The search button is at the top of the page. :top:

6 Likes

The Moustache that Roared :joy::rofl:

10 Likes

Some posts were allowed in because they were relevant for state of mind. The chess one about the king and queen, for example.

2 Likes

[quote=“MHM, post:356, topic:771345, full:true”]

And look for La-LaPopRider.

9 Likes

I did the exact same thing as a junior, at the old Bakersfield GP. show. Having the round of my life, seeing everything then boom. Placed in my second round and even picked up my ribbon (they handed them out then).

We know very little about memory; it’s outer space.

ETA session is now live.

2 Likes

Mr B didn’t object, didn’t ask the judge to direct the witness to just answer the question or anything though. And the judge did tell him at least twice to just answer the questions.

I think that was strategy on Mr B’s part. He knew the jury wasn’t listening. He probably could see it all over their faces and body language that they had checked out. So why not let him drone on more? Jury’s not paying attention, so maybe they will miss any nugget of importance The Moustache slips in there.

11 Likes

IMO Schellhorn was straightforward and not playing games. I also thought Schlesinger was effective. JMO.

2 Likes