Barisone- New Thread

Oh yeah…same language, phrasing and syntax. Gotta be LK.

10 Likes

That we know of. Only the testimony of two known liars with different versions of events.

We don’t even know if he used the gun thanks to the MCPD!!!

15 Likes

I think you might be right. I am not a lawyer, just heard that in an earlier segment of law and court. I think I didn’t really understand it. I would guess, though, that because Taylor shut down this line of questioning (with regards to self-defense) that would probably be the basis for an appeal (again, definitely not a lawyer, not even a regular consumer of “Law and Order”).

2 Likes

Personally, if you were ask me to send a man to jail with no physical evidence that he ever shot the gun, and two/three witnesses that: don’t have the same story, was repeatedly caught in lies, showed intent to consider engaging in acts of fraud and was engaging in petty games of revenge….

Well, it’d be a cold day in hell….

37 Likes

That kind of fits is MB feels he has nothing to lose to fight all felony convictions. The lesser charges could possibly result in a continued SafeSport action.

5 Likes

The Moustache That Roared :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Sidebar: Schellhorn’s sideburns go well with Schlessinger’s stack. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I, like others, feel strongly that these topics are none of our business.

And there are lots of people here who have given the weird examples of them not remembering certain periods of time. It is not a strange thing. It happens quite frequently.

Well, we all know that google hates me. Because I googled it because I was confused when I read it and the only definition that google gave me for secreted was the oozed one.

14 Likes

The judge just ruled on it, EB. The jury will not be instructed to consider a not guilty by reason of self defense option.

You’ve said all along that you’re convinced it was self defense and nothing will dissuade you, so you’re true to form.

Good thing you’re not on the jury.

3 Likes

Yes, but during the rest of the trial, the judge objected for the prosecution, especially about getting into the social media.

And honestly, why would the defense object? He was putting in everything the defense had been trying to get in the whole trial. That there was an orchestrated plot against MB.

15 Likes

I’m thinking closing argument by B has to go along the lines of “we have LK and RG who have different accounts of the incident that don’t match, a camera that was conveniently turned off right beforehand, policework that didn’t even gather evidence properly or test anyone for gunshot residue, and because of the wildly differing accounts by LK and RG and Barisone’s memory loss, we don’t even know if the beating of Barisone happened before or after the shooting.”

22 Likes

It’s also his lawyer’s job to do as his client directs him. Typically, defense attorneys run into this conflict when a defendant is adamant to take the stand, despite the attorney knowing that’s the worst thing defendant can do. I’ve seen defendants fire (or attempt to fire) attorneys on the eve of trial over that issue?

With Michael, a lot of it is just a feeling. Watching his body language. Going back in time and watching other hearings and again, his body language. Listening to all 3 experts. They all made very similar comments about his personality. So did a lot of his character witnesses. And I’ve spent a ton of time with defendants. When I tie it all together, it just is how it feels to me. It seems more fitting than Mr B, with his 30+ years of trial experience would just roll the dice that way when it’s not necessarily in his client’s best interest.

4 Likes

In response to the bolded… I saw some comments on FB yesterday on one of Nancy Jaffers articles about this case. The poster claimed to know classmates of LKs from the East Brunswick area. Apparently she was infamous for [edit]. It’s been discussed in the wake of all these events.

I have no personal clue as to whether or not it’s true. But the allegations are out there. Maybe one of the others following this whole case closely on the forums does know if it’s true.

5 Likes

That is an impressive bit of writing. Well done!

18 Likes

thank you for elaborating and sharing your related experience!

1 Like

The Mustache that Roared. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And I agree with you.

I also notice that Bilinkas didn’t object, because it was potentially positive for the defense.

4 Likes

I think the judge told the defense they couldn’t suggest that in his closing. He’ll have to focus on their lies and what the didn’t say about what we know happened during the incident…

2 Likes

What I heard was that Taylor is not going to permit Bilinkas to suggest that the beating happened before the shooting, because there is no substantive evidence of that scenario in the record.

Apparently actual court rules on on blatant speculation are different from CotH rules!

6 Likes

Oh my that’s way beyond disturbing. So it’s possibly not just a “We Need to Talk About Kevin” in the theoretical. It would highlight why I can’t recall anyone who knew Lauren as a minor, or even for many years, rushing to her defense and at posting, “I knew her and this is shocking to me!” Instead, it was crickets.

7 Likes

hear, hear!

2 Likes