Barisone- New Thread

RG testified that he did a bunch of stuff in the barn. What he specifically mentioned was redoing the ceiling by hanging sheet metal and rewiring the electrical.

5 Likes

All along I’ve used the law.

Since you’re new (uh huh) let me put it this way: all along I’ve stated things in relation to the law. I’ve corrected LK and several posters numerous times about the law.

I’m familiar with the law. LK would just babble nonsense. Don’t be like LK.

30 Likes

Just quoting this to repeat it. It needs to be repeated so everyone sees it.

23 Likes

I thought it was more matter of putting your best foot forward first to make a good impression. Plus, to me, Dr. Simring’s approach seemed a little less technical and more user-friendly, so he could get the jury swayed in that direction. Then Dr. Hasson could follow up and bring the details of all his test results, etc.

I did literally laugh out loud when I watched one of the clips again later, and Mr. B said to Dr. Hasson, “What was that test for again? I forgot.” Yes, I’m sure Mr. B forgot. Lol.

6 Likes

@Virginia_Horse_Mom and @Omgitsme,

Be careful with using “maroon” as an insult, it can be construed as racist and offensive.

(Yes, I know Bugs Bunny used it all the time)

Merriam Webster Definition of maroon (Entry 3 of 3) 1 : a person who is marooned . 2 capitalized : a Black person of the West Indies and Guiana in the 17th and 18th centuries who escaped slavery also : a descendant of such a person.

Underline mine

11 Likes

Well, I think one thing that separates dressage shows from most other shows is that there are no post entries since the ride times have to be arranged well in advance. So it would certainly be easy enough to know what shows to avoid if that was really an issue.

Plus it looks like LK has not shown for a while anyway, according to the records on the USEF website.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I remember when I learned about this and also not to use gypped. That second one I’d never seen written so it never would have occurred to me how offensive it is. If you’d asked me I would have guessed it was jipped. I thought it was just a made up word. And I thought maroon was just a word made up by Bugs Bunny (referencing the colour/he mispronounced moron). So, I know loads of people use both thinking nothing of it. It’s always good to share the knowledge in such a civil constructive way like you just did!

18 Likes

If they can’t decide he’s guilty of attempted murder beyond a reasonable doubt, they can say Not Guilty.

You just demonstrated a lot of reasonable doubt. Maybe the jury sees the same.

14 Likes

Gosh! I had no clue! I’m pretty dense about things like that though. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

I knew of a similar client some years back who also had the added complication of being fluent in Spanish, although you would not think it from looking at her.

So every time she changed barns, the old barn manager would call the new barn manager to give them a heads up so they could tell their barn staff ahead of time. Lol.

6 Likes

Bilinkas

3 Likes

We can’t know that. The only people who have testified as such lied and conveniently “turned off” their cameras before the incident.

We are quite literally getting only one side of the story. And it’s inconsistent among the 3 reporting parties.

We know the gun was fired 2 or 3 times. We know LK got shot and MB had the gun. Otherwise, we know nothing.

23 Likes

That is a horrible and perfectly likely possibility. :frowning:

6 Likes

I had no idea. I always thought I was quoting Bugs Bunny.

10 Likes

Yet your responses are loaded with emotion.

5 Likes

Maybe Brock is just an occasional clinician that they promote an association with?

Regardless… it’s so obvious that a lot of people have experienced DEEP personal pain while witnessing MB unraveling. It’s horrific.

Paradigm having a continuing relationship with LK? To me… in the long term… it doesn’t seem worth it. Even fair minded, professional people will think twice about associating with the program where she (LK) trains and keeps her horses. And I would imagine some clinicians would choose to just avoid their farm.

8 Likes

Clearly the reporter had no clue.

And somehow I doubt LK will ask them to issue a correction.

1 Like

You keep forgetting the fact part.

I cannot be responsible for how you choose to perceive things.

12 Likes

The judge’s charging instructions are going to include the elements of the crime and the definition of reasonable doubt.

If I were Mr B, I’d hammer that line to reasonable doubt.

8 Likes

That scenario sounds very possible to me. Add into it the fact that the dad may have wanted her to relocate to a new neighborhood for whatever reason.