Barisone News

Good question. I can’t know, but having been involved in high stress litigation at one point, I can tell you people talk about the trauma they see/ work with and warn each other. I would think, having been an avid watcher of “CHiPs” that the sarge may even have briefed everyone about this on going situation. How sarge colored it would play a part in how this officer perceived the parties.

5 Likes

Perceiving and doing one’s job are two completely different things.

5 Likes

Except that’s not what you’re wondering is it. Not at all what your posts say.

No I’m a person who cares about victims.

3 Likes

Combine this idea with the claim in MB’s police suit that the officers responding to the initial 911 call ignored the report of a minor saying that RG threatened to hurt her.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s still not good. Because in high stress situations, people can act unpredictably. Having preconceived notions means someone isn’t doing their job very well. Plus if he didn’t see either man before, how was he to know who was whom?

11 Likes

About the sequence of events wrt the statements recorded in cops notes, made by MB, and time of dosing if Fentanyl and Ketamine

2 Likes

“He” being RG?

I started watching about halfway in, I was in “Booster Shot fog” and couldn’t remember the link at first.

2 Likes

I’m glad you were able to see part of it at least!

2 Likes

Sorry, no. I remembered I’d left a part out and went back in and inserted and forgot to check pronouns. RG was told to get off and move first. He went to the right and around. Then picked up the dog and went inside as the officer got MB up. When MB got up the officer found the gun on the ground by the left hand.

5 Likes

I can’t fathom an officer accepting the claim of one person on scene as to who shooter is, not handcuffing everyone, and then also allowing that person to leave the immediate scene (go into the house) for any length if time.

13 Likes

Why yes, it is.

4 Likes

Not to mention the responding officer allowing you to…
To me that’s the bigger “issue”, that it was allowed.

4 Likes

If I’m not a crack shot, expert marksman absolutely.

3 Likes

And didn’t LK insist there were tapes, a la Comeys “Lordy, I hope there are tapes”?!

5 Likes

We’d know if there were tapes.

1 Like

Full size 9mm Ruger, in the Puke Pink. The full size has a manual safety as well as the “trigger” safety.

1 Like

I heard the same

1 Like

Bingo

3 Likes

even intending to target shoot, you’d load the gun.
If you intend to use it for self defense, you load the magazine fully.
Because mostly it is a pain in the rump to slide the bullets into the springloaded magazine.
So the idea that there were just 3 bullets in the magazine is a head scratcher.
And having owned a Ruger before, I find the idea of the gun jamming improbable.

3 Likes

Trying to figure out how to word this as I am not a LEO, have never been one and did not sleep in Holiday Inn Express last night.

Is it common practice to let someone leave the scene? If you are called to an active shooter scene, should the priority be to secure the scene, as well as the gun, to prevent more shots from being fired? Shouldn’t your priority also be to separate those involved and secure them?

Until the situation is sorted out, how do you know who is the perpetrator and who is the victim, unless there are obvious injuries? Couldn’t MB have been assumed to be a victim, based on the injuries he received and the fact that RG did not even have blood on him?

The officer knew he was going to an active shooter scene. Don’t they train for things like this?

15 Likes