Barisone News

Even dash cam or camera on the LEO (plural) who responded

2 Likes

Good point.

Oh yeah, most LEOā€™s wear body cams nowadays I think. Wouldnā€™t be of the shooting, but the aftermath. Would also show how the scene was handled.

I donā€™t expect every LEO to be perfect, theyā€™re human. Situations like this are crazy, but I think youā€™d default to your training and procedures. I donā€™t know.

5 Likes

I think if you donā€™t do this much or get retrained often, your default might fall well below what training would suggest you do.

2 Likes

From what I understand, that is the whole point of all their training. So when things become crazy they just do, as they trained hard to do, and do not have to think hard about what to do next.

7 Likes

whenever I see this jump to a foregone conclusion as to who the aggressor and the victims are I think about Silence of the Lambs, when Hannibal escapes by impersonating a maimed guard.

This is how people (cops) get killed.
Letting people run around a crime scene, this is how cops get killed.
(more a reply to @CanteringCarrot though)

13 Likes

Pure speculation:

A second gun in the altercation would provide a compelling reason to use the pink gun for self defense. Thus not moot at all.

16 Likes

The thing that jumped out at me was that according to those guidelines, the policeman should have treated MB and RG the same way, whether he thought they were suspects or witnesses.

6 Likes

Didnā€™t these officers receive public praise by the department sometime after the incident.

1 Like

@Knightā€™s Mom, did you really just call the gun shot victim ā€œsomeone who is emotionally investedā€. That is so so so inappropriate.

She is the victim, plain and simple, not someone who is just emotionally invested.

I get it, you donā€™t like her or her behavior, but it is ā€œnever ok to shoot someoneā€ no matter how annoying they are to you.

@Moderator_1 if people canā€™t discuss the case appropriately, please shut it down.

5 Likes

I did know that the cop hadnā€™t been told about the contents of the 911 call.

See, thereā€™s an argument in favor of rehashing this.

6 Likes

I mean, their response did save LKā€™s life since Iā€™m assuming it was a time sensitive matter re getting her the medical help she needed.

5 Likes

To be fair, one can be a victim and emotionally invested. As a victim, the emotionally invested is sort of a given though. How can a victim not be?

And Iā€™m sure the moderators are capable of doing their job as they have in the past :wink:

24 Likes

There it is. The reason why we had to resort to NODTBS.
Not one person here think that LK deserves to be shot. That was not the right response. Period.
We have said that so many times I thought everyone realized that.

18 Likes

Another possible issue with going into the house with the dog is if it was a window in the door that was shot at. If it was a regular window it probably wouldnā€™t matter but if it was the door and that is the one he entered with the dog it would alter the scene for the crime scene techs.

5 Likes

@Knights_Mom you are correct, you have the right to discuss the case. However, you do not have the right to harass the victim to the point that she feels the need to defend herself on a public forum. Especially since you all know who she is and no one knows who you are.
@Moderator_1 Please make this stop. The COTH is better than this.

4 Likes

Yes that is true and hopefully the medical responders received the same public praise.

2 Likes

@seahorse, you do realize that @Knights_Mom has not posted since your first plea to the moderators to have a thread run your way, right?

Edit to add - And the posts by @Knights_Mom that you are screaming to the moderation to do something about were before the moderator posted. Are you thinking that Mod 1 did not know how to do their job the first time?

24 Likes

Anddd here we goā€¦

4 Likes

And have since ruled that we can continue.

21 Likes