Barisone Pleads Not Guilty

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/barisone-pleads-not-guilty-to-attempted-murder

I was waiting for someone to start this. I’m so confused as to why he would plead not guilty to everything. I know that we don’t know the whole story, but I’m not sure how the situation could be construed as anything but attempted murder.

2 Likes

Wow. The trial is a good six months earlier than originally estimated somewhere. June 14 is just around the corner.

Most defendants plead not guilty to force a trial, otherwise, a plea bargain would have been presented. I suspect he will want a full-blown trial. And, as has been discussed for weeks on these threads, only one side of the story has been told.

29 Likes

I did not know that, so that makes much more sense. Thanks!

3 Likes

Murder means they have to prove intent and pre-meditation. You can shoot someone and not legally be guilty of attempted murder.

So that may be their strategy, or it may simply be a tactic to allow whole discovery process to begin so they know where the other side stands. If he is offered a deal to plea out to a lesser charge that could still happen down the road but by pleading guilty now he would be looking at spending a long, long time in prison. Basically he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by pleading not guilty at this point.

35 Likes

Is it wrong I saw this thread pop up and my first thought was I needed to get ready to write down recipes and check my stock of cardboardeux?

23 Likes

And to think the previous thread just got shut down.

It’s truly either the gift that keeps on giving or the plague that refuses to go away, depending on your point of view.

19 Likes

Not at all, MyssMyst.

Oh, boy! Between this and the new Maestro thread, I’m all set for more COTH drama and trainwrecks. I’m looking forward to hearing the OTHER side of the story during the trial.

11 Likes

Don’t forget to have your bingo card handy!

4 Likes

How soon till you-know-who pops up?

12 Likes

My first thought when I saw this was that we only had three days off between the threads.

I for one will be very interested to see the facts when they are presented.

5 Likes

If you mean the person who was shot, you might have a long wait. Don’t you think her lawyer would recommend a STFU presence on social media?

3 Likes

Don’t you think her lawyer has already recommended that to no avail?

42 Likes

What new Maestro thread?!

Omg omg I was just complaining to hubs about the other one being shut down and my morning after barn chores before getting kids up time was going to be soooo boring now!!! Hooolyy shnikeez now this one popped up. Here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go!!!

5 Likes

Just because this deserves to be quoted :lol::lol::lol:

3 Likes

Has it helped at any other point to leading up to right now?

24 Likes

The one with Maestro in the title is a good bet.

Not surprised he plead not guilty.

Some of these responses clearly indicate people are bored. But by all means bait the victim into responding.

11 Likes

One article quoted the prosecutor as saying there were thousands of pages entered as evidence with more coming. Wonder what that refers to…

1 Like