Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Yes, in addition to being a prime example of why you should never enter into any sort of barter arrangement for board, the situation also demonstrates why you should not do any kind of wacky deal on a horse sale with strange conditions attached to it.

Again, somebody will always be unhappy with the arrangement. At least based on the descriptions we’ve heard.

14 Likes

Even better than watching My Cousin Vinny on repeat!

Thanks again.

6 Likes

I think it’s the light/strobe effect of taking a cell phone picture of a computer screen

2 Likes

He did not testify to that. Having worked as an administrator in a department of surgery at a level one trauma center, who did Mortality and Morbidity reports, if there was an aortal injury (which was NOT testified to) it could be anything from the bullet trajectory to a slip of a scalpel. Because he didn’t testify that there was an injury to the aorta, my guess is it was a last-ditch effort to redirect bliood flow from other areas that were bleeding and the extremities and triage it to the brain. Without a brain, you are dead. It is not necessarily an aortal injury.

Edited for clarity

15 Likes

Regarding her injuries, bullets do not go in a straight line in tissue. They tear, expand (certain ammo) and change direction as the velocity decreases and/or they hit different tissues and bones and generally make a real mess of things. I believe her aorta was clamped to stop the bleeding in her lungs so they could isolate the damage and get the bleeding areas tied off. You can’t fix what you can’t see.

Susan

10 Likes

And so we believe it as fact?

3 Likes

If we’re talking about RG possibly committing perjury for saying “I don’t know that much about guns”, I’d think that the imprecision involved with the idea of “not that much” knowledge would make it impossible to be a case of perjury. Just by living with a SO who owns a gun, he’d know more than I do, but maybe he considers “much knowledge” to be a gun expert. It’s just too subjective a statement to falsify.

Besides, how is it relevant to Barisone’s guilt or innocence?

7 Likes

RG and the prosecutor also seemed to be dancing pretty hard around the relatively simple question of if or when RG went to the hospital for treatment himself.

4 Likes

Ah. That makes more sense. Thank you.

2 Likes

The perjury will be regarding the surveillance equipment.

5 Likes

Further the activities of these two, especially his relapses… Is a big no-no in most recovery programs for her to be around and involved in.

6 Likes

Am currently holding (before typing) phone in my non-dominant left hand. Tend to do that and scroll with my dominant right hand.

4 Likes

Or MBs, or RGs clothes

3 Likes

So, if she ran into the house to get Rob, and then ran back out into the driveway, when was all this beating MB on the head with the cellphone happening?

5 Likes

How high is the standard? LK seemed to “misremember” or suddenly not remember things on stand that she seemed pretty clear on here. Does that rise to the standard? Will defense be cross referencing her posts here? They didn’t bring up things I found concerning. I suppose they can recall her later?

At this stage, I still maintain what I have always said - which is she is clearly a wackadoodle (and a liar) and a terrible human (believe that even more strongly now!), but I don’t see how that justifies her being nearly killed. I do think her performance on the stand was pretty terrible, and has a lot of holes.

4 Likes

Did LK perjur (is that the correct word?) herself on the stand?

My take is that it indicates her father’s involvement in her life.

4 Likes

RG said he went to the hospital the next morning for treatment for himself.

2 Likes

Agree! Treatment contracts differ from clinic to clinic,tho, as do drug testing regimes. No one has mentioned that RG was on Suboxone, nor has LK said she was using drugs altho her behaviour would suggest it.

3 Likes

I guess we are still waiting for all the “bombshells” LK kept bragging out. What a despicable creature she is.

23 Likes