Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I was pondering things during work last night and came to a potential hypothetical scenario that seemed to make sense in light of the bite marks, etc. I have a suspicion that the dog is a big piece of the puzzle.
My thinking was along the lines of MB arrives, is accosted by dog, and pulls out gun. LK (not necessarily unreasonably, I’d probably do similar) freaks and tries to intervene, shooting ensues.

27 Likes

I have a legal background and have sat through hundreds of trials…I’ve never seen so many sidebar conversations!! It’s interesting how careful the Judge is being so the jury isn’t tainted.

8 Likes

Has there been a day in this trial that the Livingston Police Department hasn’t been shown to be incompetent?

What a disgrace.

14 Likes

At one point in my situation the police searched my house. They literally walked through and just flipped cupboards open and strolled through non nonchalant, barely looked at anything. The went to the barn/garage and did the same thing. I mean, it was a BS call that led to this search and they knew that, but still. I thought no wonder you guys can never solve or prevent crimes. They didn’t even look in the stalls, hay loft or tack room. Literally took them maybe ten minutes. I appreciate they knew I was a victim but I could have been a liar :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Oh boy. Now we are getting to the camera. They could have seized it per the search affidavit… but… they didn’t.

Bilinkas really highlighted the specific things the police who were immediately on the scene didn’t bother doing.

Didn’t swab RG or LK for GSR.
Didn’t search RG’s vehicles or trailer.
Didn’t seize the camera that might have been recording the scene.

This makes the police look BAD.

28 Likes

Oh maybe it was a he- I wasn’t watching, just reading here and thought the witness was referred to as a woman :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right, because we would not want the defense to be able to point out that police did a crappy job. What the heck. Why is that not allowed?

16 Likes

Sure seems as if this judge is pretty partial to the prosecution. He is REALLY, REALLY annoying.

16 Likes

100000%!!

This is going to seem completely unimportant - but I really wish Bilinkas would go up a size in suit coats or lose about 20lbs. The ill fitting coats have bugged me for a week. It’s like the suit version of a muffin top.

5 Likes

The police department IS bad (at least that particular department!)!

7 Likes

May I just say, I love Jamie’s jacket.

That is all.

3 Likes

Comparing MB pacing to a stressed horse. Definitely a horse person :joy:

20 Likes

I can’t wrap my head around a mental health professional giving this man a gun. Neurotic pacing, unsettled. Under extremely high amounts of stress.

Boggles the mind.

16 Likes

Agreed.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this. Prayers for your family.

2 Likes

He was a prosecutor before becoming a judge.

3 Likes

My heart goes out to Alison Brock. This is so incredibly sad.

16 Likes

OK - Ali Brock is almost making me cry

9 Likes

Allison Brock on Direct

Close friend of MB, was alerted that he was possibly suicidal. Called him to discuss.

When she was on the phone with him, MB was very quiet, then proceed to get upset and then started sobbing hysterically by end of phone call.
She was unable to calm him down. (Allison choking up)
She has never encountered him in this state before.

24 Likes