Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

This is so heartbreaking - both Jamie and Ali come across as so very credible, caring and just upset over what happened to their friend.

15 Likes

This is so sad. With these women so concerned, if they’d just had a little more time to pursue help for him, the whole thing may have been averted.

10 Likes

Shawn Cullen on Direct

Counselor - History of completing ER psych evals.

August 9th. MB gave no specific recall of event. Spoke of stressors surrounding event and leading up, but said nothing of the exact event.

CROSS
Did he indicate that things were going to come to a boiling point? Yes, that quote is in his notes he believes. Refreshed memory.

“This was going to come to a boiling point” Objections, out of context.

SIDEBAR

2 Likes

One thing I’m taking away from yesterday and today is that MB has lived a life in which he has attracted and retained really sound people who call him friend (Mr Davison; Ms. Brock; Ms. Dancer). It is so sad to see them struggle on the stand, but also so refreshing to see people who are honest and straightforward.

No attitude, no fake lack of recall, no games. Just really sound people.

36 Likes

Is anyone besides me getting a chuckle out of the captions for the live feed on Law&Crime?

1 Like

Her testimony had me in tears

7 Likes

Agree! it’s baffling!

1 Like

Yes! People that want to be there for him. People that care about him because he has been a genuine person to them.

15 Likes

Shawn Cullen continued Cross

“I kept telling them this was going to come to a boiling point.”

MB thought MHG was afraid
Was never quoted directly that MB felt unsafe.
CPS - He felt they were there due to complaint.

Noted that there was a steady building of stressors in MB’s life.
Several acute stressors in the 48hrs prior to incident. But his report doesn’t say specifically what they were.

No delusional distortions noted.

Redirect:

“I kept telling them that this would come to a boiling point” - Refers to him telling the POLICE department several times.

Were you concerned of PTSD. It’s listed in quotes on his eval. This was initial rationale for referral in hospital.
Complaint of loss of consciousness? Yes, that’s in referral from medical notes. With multiple traumas - yes per documentation. Open reduction and fixation of elbow.

5 Likes

What are they saying, for those of us not watching?

2 Likes

Anyone want to get chummy with the Kanareks now? I’d sooner French kiss a saw-toothed viper.

27 Likes

In what way?

I should think that’s fairly obvious? Multiple people close to him were concerned about him committing suicide. One would think a mental health professional would have similar observations or concerns and not give a weapon to him.

14 Likes

I think the big take away to the jury today:

MB just had an Olympic bronze medalist testify on his behalf…meanwhile LK and RG couldn’t even testify to being sober.

42 Likes

Yes, but he already had many guns in the safe if he was going to do that.
I can see complying with his request to secure it considering the situation.

17 Likes

Jordon Osborne Direct

Was 16yrs old in August 2019, lived at farm as working student.

Recognizing RG in photo. Objection to having photo entered into evidence.

SIDEBAR

2 Likes

Puts things into context. That’s for sure.

6 Likes

Awww the working student looks terrified.

9 Likes

Brocks testimony broke my heart. I can’t imagine how upset I’d be if my mentors were in this fix

8 Likes

I can understand why! And while I know she had no choice, I find her very brave to get up there and testify knowing what sort of people LK and RG are.

20 Likes