Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I was surprised that an expert (unless I missed it) didn’t testify that there are other reasons a person could test positive for GSR on their hands other than firing a gun.

3 Likes

Kirby’s mother was a state beauty queen (1949). Kirby also participated. Lauren has discussed it on COTH in the past.

3 Likes

Haven’t heard this being suggested yet in the trial

Exactly. Bringing up things from 10 years ago that did not involve her time at MB’s farm I would say is not relevant, but her treatment of him very much is.

12 Likes

I think because they are the victims, and as such as not on the ones on trial.

2 Likes

They did, I believe.

1 Like

What do you think he planned to do?

4 Likes

Understood. It’s just people aren’t confused and the rape victim is not a good parallel at all.

It is so frustrating to watch them block a robust defence given what we know so far. The lawyer was beyond sketchy and it seems he was party to discussion of criminal activity. I hope he’s reported to his bar association. Every time I lower my standards for the LK/RG and those in their orbit - they meet them!

13 Likes

Well, yes, cause it keeps getting objected

9 Likes

Interesting.

I don’t know if you or others have read any Gillian Flynn books… but this detail immediately brings to mind her novel “Sharp Objects”

1 Like

If that was a genius move in action, I’d hate to see a stupid move.

16 Likes

Huh? She was running a smear campaign against Ali Brock and USDF? What was that all about?

6 Likes

Ah, thanks.

1 Like

Who is Kirby?

3 Likes

If the defense is arguing self defense, though, isn’t that somewhat up for debate?

Obviously LK was shot, so she’s a victim in that sense, but there’s room for nuance. For example, what if X attacked Y unprovoked, but Y was carrying a gun and shot X because Y feared for his life? X would be the “shooting victim,” but also the perpetrator of the original attack.

14 Likes

REally? So, if I’m trespassing on your property and you shoot me (assuming we are in a jurisdiction where defending your property with such force is allowed) you cannot discuss where I was and what I was doing when I was shot simply b/c I’m a victim?

What is battered woman syndrome then? Can you really not talk about what the abuser did before the shooting?

All honest questions esp b/c I’m from a no-gun culture so I’m not up on this stuff.

16 Likes

LKs mother

2 Likes

I wonder if he thinks JK has wiseguys amongst his circle of friends who have a penchant for threatening folks who cross JK.

7 Likes

IDK…what was LK planning when she said, “finish the ba**ard”?

14 Likes

The police made a plethora of mistakes and should be held accountable.

21 Likes