Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I still am wondering if he drove down there expecting the house to be empty - i.e., that they had vacated in accordance with the FM order. And then when he found them there, decided to try to talk to them to find out why they were still there and see if there was a way to work things out. Yes, it was a bad decision on his part but it seems that he wasn’t thinking too rationally in those days.

17 Likes

Seriously … just a nice amateur rider trying to enjoy her horses and keep her kid safe

21 Likes

The civil case was filed by the co-counsel in the criminal case. I think it was filed to denigrate the police, in service to blaming their performance in the criminal case.

3 Likes

Ooooh!!! This is the real estate attorney who was representing MB, and negotiating with LKs attorney, ED, to come up with a solution to the landlord tenant disputes.

This testimony might get quite interesting…

3 Likes

“There are several places in the area.” Get 'em gal!

23 Likes

“…was current” or “is current”?

(Sorry, not able to watch today so am trying to keep up with info via this forum.)

2 Likes

Despite the best attempts of the judge to keep LK and RG out of the conversations, it is becoming abundetly clear just how bad they were making things at the barn. The last lady’s testimony said volumes.

25 Likes

According to the words of the boarder, he was catatonic. Didn’t even acknowledge her when she spoke to him. He was not in any state that would indicate he wanted to have a discussion with anyone, least of all his foes.

1 Like

Update. He’s also specialized in equine law, and boarding agreements. So he’s super specialized.

And, the lawyer has known MB as a trainer for 10-15 years. And is a rider himself.

12 Likes

Or maybe he drove down there totally out of character because he’d gone insane and wasn’t in his right mind? IME, insane people’s decision making skills are often very unreasonable. Sometimes mind-boggling. Which makes sense!!

27 Likes

I don’t know. Prosecution asked her to identify some name and asked her about a relationship. I’m just responding based on the testimony. Since the re-direct was about her honesty on the stand, it was obvious the prosecution was challenging her credibility based on the described relationship. And LK is the one who claimed the allegation about RG being threatening this girl was a lie.

4 Likes

And dressed appropriately.

7 Likes

Yes, out of his mind. With a gun.

2 Likes

Just because the man was “not convicted” does not mean that one can legally shoot someone who was merely trespassing.

OJ was “not convicted” either.

3 Likes

Has any testimony so far actually established that MB brought the gun with him to the house? Has there been any attempt to explain how the gun got to the scene?

14 Likes

There’s no distinction between “insane” and “insane w gun in hand” according to the law.

9 Likes

Yet according to RG - MB put his hands in the air and said he didn’t want war and couldn’t they work things out.

Of course, RG’s honesty and credibility are so suspect it is possible he was lying about that part, too. If so, one would have to wonder why he would say something like that. Maybe to deliberately infer to the jury that MB was rational - i.e., not insane?

9 Likes

Not that I know of.
The prosecution is wanting us to assume it must have been MB.

7 Likes

Hello? Reasonable doubt? Is that you?

28 Likes

You’re not addressing the question. They had to talk about what that kid was doing even though he was the victim. Same with battered women. My contention is that there are lots of cases when they do, in fact, discuss the victim. It’s just true.

This is why I was asking for clarification from Jealoushe about not being able to discuss anything about LK/RG simply b/c they were victims.

9 Likes