Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

So who’s the pan am gold medalist who was willing to take on LK?

2 Likes

Ooooh. Nearby high level trainer was only 15-20 minutes away. Had stalls available. Was willing to take in LK so that she could/would leave MBs facility.

Trainer is said to have won a Gold medal at PanAm games.

The point of the negotiated arrangement with JK was to avoid legal action against LK. MB and his attorney just wanted her to LEAVE.

16 Likes

Now talking about the negotiations with JK that apparently took place in August 2019.

JKs role was to help find a place that LK would be willing to go… something that was acceptable to “her standards”

1 Like

I’m guessing it is Cesar Parra’s place.

10 Likes

I like this guy. He’d be a pleasant guy to have around the barn.

7 Likes

Could it have been Cesar Parra?

4 Likes

But you have to be able to convince LE (including police, prosecutor, etc.) and jury - should it get that far - that you had a LEGITIMATE reason to believe you were in IMMINENT fear of your life. You can’t just say that your neighbor cussed at you and made vague threats because your dog peed on his lawn and then you saw him walking up your driveway one evening, so you shot him.

1 Like

But apparently, LK was unwilling to go, as of early August 2019 and wouldn’t accept the negotiated agreement that this attorney and JK came up with, in order to get her to just go ahead and move all her horses…

Good Lord.

26 Likes

My God, these people have hurt so many others for years with no penalty.

24 Likes

I’m 200 posts behind, so forgive me if this has been said. I think most people do prefer to just be honest. Which is why they are rarely involved in attempted murder cases, and if they are involved their testimony is not this fascinating.

4 Likes

There are multiple in that area.

3 Likes

Gotcha! LK was in fact given a notice to vacate - and we now have proof - despite her repeatedly stating here that she was never asked to leave.

30 Likes

And she STILL continued her attacks and, in fact, actually ramped up her efforts to destroy.

13 Likes

So, this attorney drafted a letter that was sent on 8/5 to JK and LK, and it provided notice that they needed to vacate MBs farm.

Apparently a copy was not sent to RG (because everyone knows he is an irrelevant mooch, so they don’t include him in any actual legal manner in these sorts of things)

24 Likes

See my post above.

I was assured, over and over again, by LE, that as a young woman, it was reasonable to believe that anyone attempting to get into the house meant me bodily harm.

If it had been a drunk frat boy at the wrong apartment door? Too bad. If he came through the door, I could shoot without fear of prosecution.

Have attitudes changed in the intervening decades re: the vulnerability of women? Don’t know.

5 Likes

If it was Cesar Parra, they would be a perfect match together.

18 Likes

It’s this thought process that makes no knock warrants asinine. You bet your ass I’d shoot anyone kicking in my door, no matter who they said they were.

11 Likes

Show of hands - who wants to hang out with the Kanarek clan after hearing all of this? Or risk having them anywhere near their property or family?

14 Likes

So LK not only had multiple people offer to help her get the horses out, she had an upper level dressage trainer with stalls open that had agreed to take them? And yet she stayed?

37 Likes

I have zero knowledge of him. I will say, that my initial reaction is that anyone who was willing to take on LK at that time to help get her out of MBs place was doing a good thing for MB, in my opinion.

5 Likes