Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Sure, but the property owner’s ability to convince a jury (should it even to get that far) is an different matter than Currently Horseless who was convinced it was illegal to shoot someone who was “just trespassing” And again, in my state I don’t even have to feel my life was actually in danger according to current law.

4 Likes

You mean currently?

It was never about horses or training. It was all about continuing the drama. And taking vengeance

34 Likes

What I said was that you couldn’t shoot your neighbor just because you and he “had words” and he was walking up your driveway one evening.

Now if said neighbor broke into your house or attempted to break in while you were there - that is a different ballgame.

2 Likes

Which seems even more obvious with the latest testimony.

9 Likes

[quote=“Virginia_Horse_Mom, post:6346, topic:770941”]

Whoa! The letter said she was supposed to vacate the farm on 8/7.

The attorney also initiated an eviction proceeding. And LK was served. Presumably at some time between 8/5 and 8/7

ETA - the eviction complaint was served on 8/6

12 Likes

Does anyone have any of the many posts in which LK screeched ‘we were never asked to leave’? Jaysus, the sheer volume of lies is staggering.

37 Likes

So I am guessing this impeaches her testimony that she didn’t leave because too difficult to coordinate!

25 Likes

She was served with an actual eviction complaint on august 6. Omg.

27 Likes

Served with an eviction notice, then went back in to the house, installed smoke detectors, emailed photos to the Fire Marshall and moved back into the house???

24 Likes

You are right, the laws vary from state to state. My comments are based on what I was learned in multiple courses on Firearms and Personal Safety courses (DH was/is an instructor in such courses, and brings in LE and qualified attorneys to discuss such matters with the class).

1 Like

I can just hear her arguing that whatever farm/trainer it was was not “up to her standards”.

11 Likes

And after they were served with the eviction complaint, the fire inspector came and posted the house so they weren’t supposed to go back in … yet they went behind MB’s back, emailed the fire inspector directly and got themselves allowed back in after they’d been served eviction papers.

Edit - @McGurk beat me to it!

12 Likes

So as a victim, what would motivate her to lie under oath, on the stand, about something so easily verifiable?

Did she honestly think that nobody would ever find out she was officially served? That this wouldn’t come out in trial?

ETA: She could have just said yes they were served, still working out arrangement with lawyers…

13 Likes

Now we know why MB told the farrier not to shoe her horses, she had been told to leave.

31 Likes

Yes?

Arrogance is a funny thing.

3 Likes

MBs friend and attorney is testifying that MB was so distraught and terrified in the days leading up to the shooting, he could barely assist with figuring out the legal details to come up with a solution to the Lk problem.

He says that MB was terrified of LK

Wow.

Also, says MB was a brilliant businessman with a high net worth. Unique in the horse world amongst professionals.

16 Likes

Yeah…. And all this talk of how afraid and stressed out and “out of it” MB was only makes it seem more plausible he shot her. Not less.

8 Likes

She’s a compulsive liar. Literally. That’s the only explanation.

Which is why no one should believe her testimony.

26 Likes