Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Yes, big differences from state to state.

1 Like

IIRC Parra got a new horse in training and abused him so badly he died. The horse’s name was William or similar. It’s been well over 10 years. There was a thing on Rate my horse pro and a lawsuits but I don’t think anything came of it.

The videos were heartbreaking

13 Likes

Never filed the papers. Trying to scare her out. Ugh.

2 Likes

Yes, but even more so, this testimony (actually MUCH of this mornings testimony) only goes to show further what a disturbed and dishonest person LK is. Absolutely crazy town.

14 Likes

Well…technically she did.

1 Like

That was certainly a bad move.

3 Likes

Trying to scare her into honoring the agreement that her father was a part of.

13 Likes

If MB had “accumulated wealth in the millions” then why not pay a professional to fix the damage to the house. ? I don’t get the whole arrangement.

This is certainly an interesting tour thru the legal system. Lawyers sending phony paperwork to ‘scare’ people.

4 Likes

Huh. So they chose to serve LK with eviction papers that had not yet been filed, because the goal was to “scare” LK into realizing they were serious about her leaving, and get her to just go ahead and do it voluntarily.

I get it, but that didn’t come across great.

19 Likes

I was talking about “trespassing” in the sense of someone walking through your back yard.

Breaking into or entering your house is a particular form of trespassing and I agree that in certain states you can shoot someone for that.

FitzE referred to someone on a porch being shot. I was saying that just the fact of being on someone’s front porch and ringing the doorbell does not give you the right to shoot.

If the person on the porch barges in without invitation, that’s different.

1 Like

Agreed. I think it was clear by that point LK was not going to do anything voluntarily.

5 Likes

Joe Williams is on the stand. He’s a barefoot horse trimmer who lives in NJ. Works with horses with behavioral issues.

He’s also a retired detective sergeant, who worked for 25 years in law enforcement.

Hmmm… this will be interesting.

ETA - he was a farrier, but has since taken his whole business barefoot.

5 Likes

Actually, it is not. It is a kindness. Evictions stay on your rental history for a number of years. If you can get the tenant moving without impacting their record, you are doing them a favour.

33 Likes

This is so common though. Every attorney will try this first.

17 Likes

The NJ/PA horse bus in that area is definitely nuts. Melt downs and dramatics are common, so I do get how no one saw this coming.

2 Likes

This is what I don’t get. MB wanted to make her life hell so she would leave. Then this. These games just fan the toxic atmosphere.

2 Likes

Or to give her the opportunity to go without it showing up on the record?

20 Likes

Good to know. I have zero eviction related experience and am admittedly clueless :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This (and corporate contracts) is my legal-eagle mother’s specialty. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This guy helped advise MB on how to file a harassment complaint with the local PD concerning the situation with LK.

Gave other general advice on being careful when trying to get these known drug addicts to leave the property

21 Likes