Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Perhaps RG relieved parents of certain “burdens” -as long as LK had/has the boyfriend she has/had companionship, etc. -RG seems to provide emotional support/companion (however you might critique it) so the parents provide the money. I could see where perhaps they would not want him to leave. They may have also seen her through other break-ups.

6 Likes

And drinking heavily!

And I hear you, too. (I am also from a military family, so the HB situation - then and now - makes me furious). And yes, this is off topic so let’s move on. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Quite likely.

I’m sure it’s probably illegal and also almost impossible on a practical level, but I would chip in for a group gift certificate for the jury to the closest liquor store at the end of the last trial day.

3 Likes

Ha I don’t even have a strong rescue impulse for animals. But I can imagine what it might feel like. Often people who are needy and want rescuing project that onto trying to rescue other entities that might love them back.

Now I might jump at the chance to get a well confirmed nice horse that’s down on its luck. But I’m not going looking for 3 legged Pitbull crosses that luvv only me and have to be tied up in the bathroom with a muzzle on when the mailman comes or else they will smash through the picture window. And then eventually Pitbull goes for my throat. I exaggerate. But that’s the doggy version of some of the prisoners women fall in love with. I do recall one awful story from the US about a woman that fell in love with a prisoner convicted of murdering his girl friend, and when he was finally released into her care he ended up murdering her too.

Obviously MB is not that kind of prisoner. If he does have someone in his life I’m glad for him. It won’t be easy.

9 Likes

there is a mental component to that, the unavailability of the object of their infatuation.
on the other hand, there are some folks inprison who are innocent, and those women are powerful…

but yeah, we used to laugh at the personals in the local clasifieds: Loves long walks on the beach, sleeping under the stars
answer to the state correctional facility…

1 Like

I think I might have missed this part of the testimony due to technical issues. What did the surgeon say about the bullet trajectory? And was it the same for both bullets?

1 Like

I think we just got warned off this line of thought by the mods.

1 Like

That must be a fancy prison on the beach. The new Alcatraz?

I believe the mod said we could discuss the testimony in the trial, which is why I asked about it.

LOL, yeah, walking under the search lights, perhaps…hence the funny…a joy to read though.

1 Like

I interpreted it as talking about the actual testimony and inconsistencies that show up is ok, but specific alternative theories about what happened are not.

2 Likes

I believe the doctor testified that the bullet trajectory was upward. Hence all the speculation that MB was somehow below LK (like on the ground),which is not what she and RG said.

7 Likes

That is not how I read that comment at all. It says we are allowed to comment on the case and it asks to not talk about things not specifically about the case.

For the record, I held my hand as if I was holding a gun and I have plenty of arm length, with my very normal length arms, to shoot myself in that location at any angle you pick - up, down, sideways in either directions.

Hmmm, I guess we all read it differently.
@Moderator_1 can you clarify please?

LK said, on the stand and under oath, that she was on the porch on her tablet. RG answered his phone when ED called looking for LK and brought the phone to her. There was no mention that she was talking on the phone to a lawyer.

ED is the lawyer.

1 Like

On top of all his other perceived flaws, he has inconvenient initials for our BB purposes. Lol.

8 Likes

Ah, got it, thanks.

Follow up question. If the bullet entered at an upward angle near her shoulder, how did it also do damage to her lung? I don’t really understand that, unless the lungs are located much, much higher than I thought.

Discussing your opinions and ideas about the case, based on the testimony, public comments, etc. is generally OK, though as always, users are responsible for the comments they make.

8 Likes

Someone posted a diagram earlier in this thread about that. Your lungs go much further up into your body than most people think they do.

Thank you @Moderator_1!