Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

That guy’s 'stache is ON POINT!

3 Likes

Battle of the psychologists begins :boxing_glove: :boxing_glove:

2 Likes

Dr. Schlesinger is on the stand now. A forensic psychologist. He’s a rebuttal witness. Says he’s board certified. Some snark from prosecutor about this.

3 Likes

Did everyone catch that MB took the gun from RC to put it in the safe?

10 Likes

Dr. Hasson made some fairly significant errors. They are now going to point them out. The board certified thing is because Hasson said there is no board certification in forensic psychology for psychologists–and that is not true. Edit to add: I’m a licensed psychologist and I’ve done forensic work since 1990.

12 Likes

Sure did!

Humans were tested at Jockey Club International (Eventing) 3 or 4 years ago. At least 2 people got banned for a year.

That is what the psych Dr was told by MB. Regardless, it was still a foolish thing to do to hand over a gun to that man in his state of mind. JMO

2 Likes

He is involved in so many groups/clubs/etc. when does he have time to take patients and actually practice?

7 Likes

I totally agree–I just know that MB’s motivation for taking the gun has been discussed/speculated here quite a bit so wanted to point that out.

2 Likes

I did. First time we’ve ever directly heard the “why.”

It seems plausible, though. To keep it safe. Crazy people around the farm. I know I was personally wondering his rationale for asking for it, and it seems to be an acceptable reason, when taken at face value. In hindsight, understanding MB’s underlying mental condition and the subsequent use of the gun makes the safe… not such a safe place.

4 Likes

Maybe he’s more of the academic/research type rather than the treating type? Is that a thing?

3 Likes

For sure. I just didn’t think it was considered as fact based on it coming from third party?

So did Prosecution have this guy just waiting for this? Knowing they’d need a rebuttal?

Note to self: next time I’m a lawyer in a criminal trial… tell my witnesses to keep it simple, clear, and concise. The jury has a lot to think about.

5 Likes

Yes, and RC said she saw nothing concerning about his mental state at the time. I might suggest, that maybe her inability to see what his mental state actually was, was because everyone else was in fear and it seems that his paranoia was being confirmed as truth at every turn.

3 Likes

Good point, I think you’re right.

Dr. LoveStache, detailing his very long, long CV.

4 Likes

They would be prepared for sure, especially knowing the defenses angle.

2 Likes

Very much so.

1 Like

Is this dude ever going to finish reading his CV?

9 Likes