Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Could be. Could be. I mean the barn staff is seeing LK barefoot in a black veil wandering around the property… the PI suggested everyone lock their vehicles… etc…

2 Likes

It’s absolutely a thing. As well as doing Expert Witness rounds. Just being an expert witness can easily be a career in itself (which is why, despite liking the EWs so far, I have some issues with how they’re used in trials like this)

6 Likes

The prosecution would have obtained this witness (rebuttal) because he already had a copy of the defense’s mental health experts’ reports. He has quite possibly interviewed the defendant. He prepared ahead of time to rebut the defense experts’ opinions.

9 Likes

The DR just testified he was showing symptoms for a month prior to the shooting. I would be shocked if people didn’t notice? The barn workers all said they discussed the atmosphere and MB and the issues. I really can’t believe they didn’t see his state.

It’s long and, as far as CVs go, very girthy.

3 Likes

The jury is gonna be asleep by the time he’s done and miss whatever point the prosecution wants to make….

8 Likes

Nope because the prosecution keeps begging him to “go on… go on… now what about professional organizations?”

2 Likes

But was he a Boy Scout in 1968?

28 Likes

If SS doesn’t react to 1 having been used to harass someone with baseless accusations, and 2 fail to reprimand someone for using THEM to threaten children, that will be a powerful statement about their systems.

9 Likes

I’m sure it’s a thing. I just think sometimes people get caught up with being a member of this or on the board of that (and board members get paid a chunk of change) and it’s a lot of politics instead of focusing on the treatment and care of patients. I’m guessing this guy is getting paid to testify.

5 Likes

Well - maybe Hasson did make errors on the stand. I don’t know. I will listen to the rebuttal witness.

But… do Hasson’s errors mean the diagnosis of persecutory delusional disorder is wrong? Does it mean that MB doesn’t have amnesia around the time of the shooting?

Dr. Simring diagnosed both as well as Dr. Hasson. This guy will have to discredit BOTH of them. And BOTH of their diagnosis-

And he will have to do that, beyond a reasonable doubt. Correct? Because they provided the affirmative defense for MB. Sooooo… this guy has to tear apart that affirmative defense.

7 Likes

There is no question this guy has bona fides…

4 Likes

Also, did he sleep in a Holiday Inn last night?

11 Likes

I don’t know if I’m impressed with his CV or not. It’s a LOT!

5 Likes

I agree to a point, but obviously the prosecution is trying to prove that he’s better than the defense experts. Whether the jury checks out because he’s going on and on so, remains to be seen.

14 Likes

I actually had more respect for Dr. Hasson admitting that he has no interest in the lecture/fame/author realm than this guy droning on and on.

I’m interested in this case and can’t stay focused. Jury might be struggling here. Maybe the goal is to make them think “oh ok this guy did a lot we should listen to him.”

8 Likes

Bona fides.

I think you nailed it. They are just trying to prove they have a ‘better’ expert. But I’m willing to bet the jury fell asleep around 1978…

9 Likes

But was he a Boy Scout in 1968?

No, but maybe he was supplementing his tuition at the time playing one in certain underground films.

6 Likes

And his barefoot trimmer, former cop friends advised him these two could go through peoples cars and plant things…

3 Likes