Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Can the defense call prosecution witnesses again when they are presenting their case? For example can Blinkas call JH/RC/MHG back to the stand to ask open ended questions like the prosecution is now?

1 Like

Yes. They can call whatever witnesses they like (that are relevant) during their case in chief.

They probably will, as the cross examination can only be about items discussed during the direct.

14 Likes

Bilinkas himself said to the judge, I can’t put him (MB) on the stand, and the judge answered, sure you can. Lol Bilinkas meant he can’t put him on the stand because it would be a disaster for his defense, not that he’s not allowed to put him on the stand. Bilinkas said the quiet part out loud. MB isn’t going to testify.

Please note the lack of quotation marks in my post and if you don’t understand the meaning behind that, ask someone near you to explain instead of accusing me of not quoting the exact words of the lawyer and the judge.

2 Likes

Irony.

9 Likes

Jesus. Read my entire post. I was talking about Nancy Jaffer’s article. The she is Nancy Jaffer. You didn’t even quote the entire sentence, which makes it clear who the "she " is.

Thank you.

Lol means “laugh out loud”. What did you find funny? What was funny about the state of Michael Barisone? I’m honestly perplexed at how anyone could watch that man for the last 2 days and “Lol”.

22 Likes

The lol was for the fact that Bilinkas said the quiet part out loud. Calm down, breathe, everything is okay, I was not lol-ing at MB.

3 Likes

I would be grateful if someone who is capable of understanding what was actually said (and has no argument with other posters here to defend), and that has payed attention to the testimony, would kindly give a summary of the proceedings today. So much gets lost in the bickering here that it is difficult to know what has actually taken place in the courtroom.

Everyone that is bickering with each other here has a right to do so, but I’d like to skip that and read about what is happening in the courtroom. I don’t know why I thought that the bickering would end once the trial began. I suppose I thought that everyone would be interested in the trial and pay attention to what was being said there.

34 Likes

Right. And the ‘quiet part out loud’ was that he couldn’t put Barisone on the stand. How hilarious. You should check yourself; perhaps you’re giving away more than you intend.

16 Likes

Thank you for sharing this…

1 Like

Your response was to me?? If so, I don’t understand it.

Yes; you wondered if MB will testify. I pointed out that Bilinkas said that MB is not going to testify.

Skydy I wish there was a separate thread for what you requested. Just a pure summary or synopsis of what transpired at the trial itself without all of this bickering and speculation.

14 Likes

Briefly…

The crime scene police officer finished up his testimony to start the day. I believe he confirmed that the only person from the scene of the crime who was tested for gunshot residue was MB. I think they also discussed that there were other, more comprehensive tests they could have done on the clothing from the crime scene, but they did not do those more comprehensive tests. He said that they did not find one of the three spent shell casings, and they did not find any of the spent bullets.

MB’s former girlfriend MHG took the stand and testified about her experiences with MB and LK, and her observations on how MB reacted to the deteriorating situation at the farm throughout July and the first week of August before the shooting.

The former assistant trainer JH took the stand and also testified about the conditions there during that time frame, and how everyone on the property was affected by the toxic atmosphere.

Then RC took the stand and testified about her impressions, although she only arrived in New Jersey a few days before the shooting. She also talked about giving her gun to MB at his request, and not seeing the gun again after that. She will be back on the stand tomorrow, since the prosecutor was not quite finished with her by the end of the day.

The witnesses who had spent time there all agreed that it was an extremely volatile situation that had a noticeable effect on MB’s mental and physical condition, but they were not allowed to give too many specific details for the most part.

18 Likes

My sister killed herself too. She was erratic and did a lot of things that weren’t “normal”. We also tried to help her before she killed herself. It isn’t your fault. Even if these randoms say it is.

14 Likes

Thanks MHM.

2 Likes

Crime scene officer also said no fingerprinting or DNA analysis was done with regard to the gun or magazine. He also stated that they did not secure (or sounded like even pursued obtaining) footage from the video camera at the house.

7 Likes

Again, I laughed at Bilinkas, not MB. I laughed at the words that Bilinkas said, not at MB or his state of mind. I laughed at Bilinkas’ gaffe. My laugh was not about MB not being able to take the stand, it was about the fact that Bilinkas said it out loud in the way he did, and was immediately corrected by the judge. I don’t think I can explain it any more to you so if you still don’t understand don’t bother replying. I’m actually one of the few here who has not commented on MB’s appearance or state of mind.

Your last sentence is just weird - why do you feel the need to tell me what to do?

4 Likes

tech help needed - I can’t see any of the Law & Crime videos after JH. I can’t view Ruth Cox testimony… do I need to pay something? seems like others could see it. I am trying to view it after the live testimony , as I have the other. Thank you.