Unlimited access >

Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

That is wonderful!! Good on you. I sent a card to Mr Bilinkas and Mr Deininger, but not a basket. I’ll bet they were thrilled with your gift!

And @eggbutt, re: Colbert, glad to hear at least someone has contacted him. I was thinking about it too, I think I will.

5 Likes

between meat market and the seller’s market, perhaps a couple of hundred grand.
Not enough to make a big dent in the legal fees.

But that would not be the message send anyhow.
It would be a permamnent lien on her and whatever she may own down the road until paid up.

Looking at Daddio<

1 Like

All they had to do was read and comprehend just the Stache’s report. Even he agreed the SM stuff was important. He just disagreed in the results for MB. But how many times did he say it can’t be a delusion if it’s really happening?

3 Likes

Lala assumed she had scrubbed them?
Too bad that over a year later she was still posting. (and many people told her to stop, because of the impending trials)
You have the right to remain silent
If only one had the ability…

5 Likes

The address is somewhere upthread, or just google Mr Bilinkas’ name. HIs office and address are listed. Mr Deininger is in the same building, and I’m sure they chat often.

2 Likes

It is in the original post in the other thread that was started on this topic.

1 Like

Wow, really?

That’s a much higher number than I would have guessed. I thought a couple of them already had some age and health issues on them at that time, and that was almost three years ago.

I get the moral victory concept. I’m just wondering about the practical application of it.

3 Likes

And the address to send notes to MB is on the GFM page.

ETA: Mods let me know if this is not cool. Thanks.

3 Likes

Donations from “The Bombshell” and “K.M. Vacuumer” :grin:

9 Likes

Does the prosecutor assigned to the case look at all that stuff? Or does he have underlings sift through it and determine what might be relevant to their case?

1 Like

I wonder who “The Bombshell” is. (It is a rhetorical question, I’m not trying to out anyone - LOL!)

Although I can’t help but think that Mr. B. was the real Bombshell in this case! :laughing:

3 Likes

In my experience, it depends on the attorney. Some know everything down to the last comma. Some rely on their team.

In this case, I feel like since all of the posts, etc were so important to all 3 experts, it would have been important for the attorney to review it all as much as the experts did. Maybe he did. Maybe he just couldn’t get over Who Does This, and really believed the jury was just going to say yeah, but she got shot.

In so many ways, he kind of was handed a crap case. The police gave him nothing beyond “this guy says that guy did it.” And they failed to do simple stuff like search the other vehicles. Then you have the victims he had. And the Stache. Best he could hope for was a plea. And when that didn’t happen he gave it the old college try.

I wonder, if he had any kind of autonomy and no boss/voters to answer to, would he have started out with lesser charges? Offered a more enticing plea? He knew the case was crap. But he has a boss. Who may or may not be an elected official (I sincerely don’t know).

5 Likes

To this day, I still can’t even believe that part. Just unreal.

15 Likes

I believe at some point Schellhorn took over the case because the previous guy retired. So, he may have been stuck with something he didn’t feel he could wash his hands of.

6 Likes

Ahh. That’s an interesting twist.

Maybe the case was the reason the previous guy decided to retire at that point! Lol.

4 Likes

I know. That is such a sticking point for me.

If I could see one single piece of evidence from this case, I’d want to see the interview the police did with RG that night. I’d like to see Shooting Incident Take One from him. Plus, I’d like to look at that hand.

9 Likes

No. He says in the beginning of the call to 911 that he’s calling because his clients refuse to sign a document.

Rhetoric

3 Likes

Yesterday, I had to go through security at work to turn in my equipment (my COVID-related job sunsetted due to CDC guidance changes, etc) and the security guard asked me “what do you plan to do with the wrench in your purse?” I replied “there’s a wrench in my purse?” He continued to drill me and the only reason I could come up with it being there was I had taken it to the farm to install a faucet and forgotten it was there. Never occurred to me that it could be seen as a weapon. I guess I should have gotten up-to-date on this thread before going in!

Edited: “sunsetted” not “subsetted”. Whoever mentioned the typo struggle upthread ain’t lying!

9 Likes

Many, many years ago, long before the security got tighter post 9/11, I went through security at the airport with a hoof pick in the pocket of my coat. I had completely forgotten it was in there.

But they would not let me take it on the plane, so I lost my favorite hoof pick. Sad face to this day. Lol.

11 Likes