Unlimited access >

Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

If he was plotting murder with other people, either all of them were insane or none of them were.
It was my understanding that the recordings were not from the day before the shooting, but in the weeks leading up to it.
If the recordings were a murder plot, the state might have gone for first degree attempted murder as such tapes would expose premeditation.

9 Likes

[quote=“CurrentlyHorseless, post:6867, topic:771580, full:true”]

“He certainly could have refused to let her into the facility in April 2019 if she refused to sign a waiver.”
Get real. She would have simply flounced her way in anyway and announced, “Here I am. What are you going to do about it?”

And didn’t she post that she complained (was it to the DA’s office?) that he (MB) had told her she wasn’t allowed in the barn anymore? And the person in the DA’s office said, “He can’t do that.”

Nope, no way Ms. Lollipop would have meekly agreed to go elsewhere if he had tried to tell her in April she wasn’t welcome there.

As for why he asked for the waiver in August - perhaps his attorney advised him to get the waiver, knowing that since she wasn’t going to go willingly, it might take some time (i.e., 30 days, etc.) to get her out. (And God knows what kind of scheme she could have cooked up in that timeframe…)

6 Likes

Thanks @FitzE, @MorganSercu, @trubandloki and others for sticking up for me. The visciousness quite shocking… and I must admit, did give me anxiety. I need to activate my own internal “ignore” function moving forward. I don’t use the board’s ignore, because I enjoy hearing from all sides in all things. It helps me understand the world.

As for my mental health, yes, I have been open about suffering from anxiety and depression. And I have been honest about how others can exacerbate existing issues. Seems a bit odd that some people like to weaponize that. To each their own… Luckily I am in a good place now and I get to go ride my horse today and rid myself of any lingering bad juju!

Have a good day!

35 Likes

I want to call this out as well. The screenshot that this is referring to is my screenshot. It is all one block, so both claims about the recordings are there; if you saw one, but not the other, then you were not looking very hard.

I have posted it several times over the threads.

17 Likes

Interesting. The ignore feature seems to be working selectively.

6 Likes

A recording may have convinced jurors of intent and as it turned out they did not see intent. Intent isn’t necessary for premeditated but it sure as heck would have shown a lack of sudden insanity.

8 Likes

Depression is really quite common, especially among women. Even if an anonymous poster has not “shared”
their personal history on a public BB, addressing another poster with mockery, ascribing motives to them, and insulting their intelligence may well land on a person with challenges as significant as your own.

Hey! I thought we were supposed to be bashing LK, not each other. Get with the program!

10 Likes

Well, yeah. But skeptical of LK and RG.
In the vein of, innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
The nonsense and obfuscation by LK and RG is doubt.

7 Likes

Then, what percentage is her fault, in your opinion?

8 Likes

If there’s a team I’ll be on it only if there’s really cool T shirts.

13 Likes

Speaking of conspiracy theories……remember when we (general) went on about RG putting Rosie in the house after the shooting?

When I went back and watched some of RG’s testimony, Mr.Schellhorn asked him several questions about that and also the second (I think) cop on the scene who was asked point blank if RG was ever out of his sight while Rosie was put in the house. His answer was…no.

Would this have been something the prosecution thought up themselves to clear up, or are they possibly reading here?

3 Likes

I believe it was for the mystery friend who she wanted to be allowed to ride her horses in SGF property.

Maybe the barn requires a new one each year?
Maybe the one they had on file for her went missing?*
Maybe her behavior suggested getting a new one, signed recently, would be prudent?
Why doesn’t change what it is.

• she had, recently, crowed about gaining access to the office…
17 Likes

This so does happen. It has happened to me. It’s like - um, I was reading that, where did it go?

Oh, the list of maybes could be so very long
Maybe something in their contracts was updated and everyone had to sign a new one.
Maybe everyone was given one to sign when they moved in for the season and they just thought to check and saw that LK never turned hers in.
Maybe …

8 Likes

Well said.

Whoa. So much for all the tsk-tsking and lectures about bad poster behavior in these allegedly heinous, horrible threads. It seems my comments about irony and hypocrisy were spot on.

I agree with all of that ^. I do find the “suggestion” that there is/was some kind of coordinated conspiracy (a cabal of sorts) to flag/get rid of Equkelly or anyone else… to be ridiculous paranoia.

Equkelly had some extreme meltdowns in other threads/forums as well. It was not just for using FFS (there - I did it) or simply disagreeing with others in these threads as has been implied…

9 Likes

We had a lot of interpersonal arguing going on recently on this thread. We removed a slew of posts and encourage you to stick more to discussing the case than going at it with each other.

This is an extremely high-profile case in the industry, the aftermath of which unfolded in part right here on this site, so it’s understandable that members of the community would still be interested in discussing it.

If you’re not interested, don’t participate. You can even Mute threads on the topic (click on the little bell icon by the thread navigation slider) if you’re not interested in seeing them pop up in Latest Posts.

Conversely, if you’re interested in participating in the discussion, please do so without the cursing and insulting each other. We give a little more leeway to message sent privately, but you always have the option to add individuals to your personal Ignore list via Preferences. If a person persists in harassment via DM, you can contact us privately to address it.

For clarification purposes, there is also generally more leeway in regards to commentary on the site about public figures or limited-purpose public figures, as in this case.

So, again, let’s please refocus the discussion on the case vs. each other.

51 Likes

This is why I would love to see the transcript/video of the interview RG did with the police the night of the shooting. I think, based on how Mr B was trying to get into that, he might have said something in that first interview.

Of course, when RG was presented with the transcript on cross, and asked if it refreshed his memory, about something else, he steadfastly said no, so Judge T told him to move on.

5 Likes

My recollection is that RG told the first officer on scene that there was video of the altercation.
I wonder if he repeated that claim at his interview with police.

12 Likes

Me too! I wonder a whole lot about that interview. In the aftermath and heat of the moment, with little to no opportunity to collaborate with LK, what was his story that night? And how has it evolved?

6 Likes

I’m going to guess: Extensively.

3 Likes