Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

You can do either a counterclaim or start your own case. Cheaper to counterclaim on both time and money.

9 Likes

Do sundials work when it is cloudy? :laughing:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s nuts.

I’ve been trying since that day of the trial to figure out what the ultimate plan was. Apparently I’m not devious enough because I got nothing.

3 Likes

And then what happens if it rains? No wonder he was confused about the time.

4 Likes

No, the criminal case, while LK was testifying.

It doesn’t matter. They owned the property. Plus in civil suits the suits aren’t qualified. I could sue Mickey Mouse. No one stops you.

9 Likes

Yeah now the civil case will be way different on that. Once the defendants claim it was LKs own actions that caused it the next question must be “What actions?” and then BOOM. It’s all coming out.

14 Likes

Most people probably cannot even imagine 1/10 of these plans.

3 Likes

But I was told that SGF should respectfully offer RG (not a party to the suits) money and that would give LK incentive to drop them from the suit.

If SGF was the insured policyholder for the property, it makes sense to include them in the suit.

And with normal plaintiffs who don’t have a plan to destroy and finish the bastard that they enact, AND can tell the same story two times in a row, an insurance settlement would make it go away for everyone.

This, however, is not normal.

11 Likes

They were expecting MB to take the plea deal or be found guilty for their civil suits to pay out big time. If MB’s team presents everything I think they have (that was withheld from the criminal trial and a few other bombshells) MB will win in every instance. He’s been incarcerated for almost 3 years due to their behaviors and planning.

22 Likes

So does that mean they sort through all the claims during one civil trial? I certainly hope the jury is allowed to take copious notes for that one!

3 Likes

If MB has students/boarders sign a contract Breach Of Contract might be used depending on what’s in there.

But that’s almost too sissy to be it. Something more obscure I’m thinking of.

Can MB add JK as a party to one or more of the specific counterclaims he has made against LK? Or does he have to start a whole new lawsuit to do that?

3 Likes

I mean, the first time someone tells me to get out, I’m gone.

On the landlord end, I haven’t had that many tenants that stayed past the initial, please leave now notice. I can count the actual court ordered evictions I’ve done over the last 20some years.

This is all just so foreign to me.

Edit to add: no one has ever told me to get out. But if they did, I’d have my dogs and cats and stuff packed so fast.

14 Likes

Yeah but that’s ridiculous negotiating AFTER the shooting.

There is zero basis for that lawsuit to work and that negotiation was just an empty threat based on the hope that MB and/or SGF are naive and scared enough to agree.

5 Likes

Probably hoping the older couple who is the other half of SGF will capitulate and offer a settlement rather than go through the expense and ordeal of a full-blown trial. IOW, just like the K’s recognized MB was a vulnerable target, they believe the couple to also be a good target because of their age and the fact that since they aren’t really involved with the business, they won’t want to be involved in a trial. And didn’t hut-ho or CH or RND or one of the other K sycophants say as much - i.e., that the couple will roll over and pay out so they don’t have to be dragged further into litigation? (Can you say “extortion”?)

14 Likes

He COULD amend the current suit but he’d need something that shows JK’s actions caused him a loss. Not JK’s advice to his daughter, if that makes sense.

1 Like

It can be 2 different trials to start and then a motion to Consolidate can be filed.

3 Likes

Oh I completely agree with you. 100%.

I don’t know NJ law but in my state for a fee he can be added.