Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Thank You! I’m not sure why this has to be stated yet again, but Thank You.

11 Likes

I grew up in that part of NJ, and the public/private school divide is very different that in other parts of the country, especially the South, where the old segregation academies have rebranded themselves as prep schools.

Part of it has to do with the existence of townships and other small municipalities that fund and run their own school systems.

My township was famous for its excellent school system (excellent grad rate, lots of acceptances at Ivies and Seven Sisters, lots of AP classes and high AP test scores.) Lots of people bought a house in the township when their kids were school aged, and moved out as soon as they graduated, the property taxes being de facto private school tuition.

I believe the Kanareks are in Livingston Township and attended Livingston Township schools. If you look at the median income in Livingston, and the probable absence of rentals or other affordable housing, you have a de facto private school, very much like the ones I attended. The per capita income in Livingston in 2018 was $76,575, which is wealthy relative to New Jersey and the nation. This equates to an annual income of $306,300 for a family of four.

Private schools in that part of NJ tend to either parochial schools or highly specialized schools for learning difference or behavioral problems.

10 Likes

Irony: Barisone trial with a severely abused man while simultaneously the Depp trial is going on with a severely abuse man. Both trials involving hidden recordings.

13 Likes

Yeah, this is curious! Where did this information come from? Enlighten us @CurrentlyHorseless please

6 Likes

Thanks @eggbutt. I was feeling silly for not remembering that tid-bit. I am glad I am not the only one who does not remember it. Hopefully @CurrentlyHorseless can enlighten us.

I see where someone says that Bob posted it on Facebook for a bit. I don’t see anything else about it being on Facebook.

4 Likes

Am I the only one wondering how many “tas” equals a flounce? One or two or do we require more?

18 Likes

I did not know what “tas” meant.

1 Like

What evidence? No forensic evidence at all and the testimony of two people who lied under oath. What’s your evidence? Please list numerically.

20 Likes

Don’t count on a response other than “they said so”.

6 Likes

half the time the boss is asleep…
As long as he toes the line, the money keeps rolling.
If not, she’ll gut him with a rusty hoofpick.

5 Likes

This!

12 Likes

I couldn’t decide if there should be an apostrophe or not. A coworker of mine back in the day would say TTFN as he left the office for the day, Ta Ta For Now.

3 Likes

It’s however significant that the lawyer who said this was not involved in the case he is talking about. He is the civil litigation lawyer commenting on the results of the criminal trial he wanted to piggy back off. And he was commenting on the jury’s funding of NG insane.

I think that a lawyer actually involved in the case would not be allowed to say anything like this about his case. He has to respect the jury and judge decision or be polite and reasonable about the appeal he is launching.

A lawyer commenting on a case they weren’t involved in probably has more latitude to comment. Lots of lawyers give interviews and do podcasts or books about historical or high profile cases where they voice opinions.

1 Like

Ta - as in ta-ta, which is slang for “goodbye.”

Or, just “ta” can mean “Thanks.”

I believe Trubandloki was referring to the first meaning and wondering how many times one needed to utter “ta” to equal a “flounce”.

5 Likes

but as a lawyer depending on the good graces of juries…
Unwise at best!

13 Likes

Yes, because he is not representing a party, he can comment, but you’re still not supposed to be a jerk and insult the court or the process.

14 Likes

Actually, that was me wondering how many times you had to say “ta” to equal a flounce, but no worries.

3 Likes

NJ RPC 8.4 (d) It is professional misconduct for a lawyer to: engage in conduct that is prejudicial to the administration of justice.

3 Likes

Oops, sorry for the misattribution!

3 Likes

Like I said, no worries! This whole thread is hard enough to keep track of who said what! LOL

1 Like