Unlimited access >

Bay TB at New Holland tonight-- Tattooed UPDATE! Horse is saved!d

I don’t know if I have any business posting this here, but there’s a tattooed bay TB gelding at New Holland tonight. I feel like there are some resources for these guys to keep them off the kill trucks? We already filled our trailer–I wish I had brought five trailers-- but is there somewhere to go to look up a horse’s tattoo, and try and connect him with someone he could go to? Hope I’m not opening too huge a can of worms here…

Maybe you could post the tattoo here and someone that has that database can look it up?

Thanks-- he is bay, star and snip, rear left sock, front left Pastern white? Appears stiff but sound, pretty low BCS. Dealer says he jumps anything you point him at. Gentle to handle. Tattoo appears to read H356955, last number could be a six. Thanks.

Too many numbers…TB tattoos are a letter, followed by 5 numbers. But, if I type in H35696, I get a 2004 gelding by the name of Bullet From Abroad.

HeadWrangler sent you another PM!

Bullet from Abroad raced 4/9/14 at Hawthorne (Illinois) and won. I’m going to guess it’s probably not him. But you never know.

Best of luck, hope the guy gets a soft landing!

Unfortunately by tomorrow morning he will have lots of company.

Markings do not match for Bullet from Abroad. I have tried H356?? with the markings and no match. How old does the horse look?

Not Bullet from Abroad. These are the markings, no match. Star slightly pointed at top on left and connected short tapering stripe, ending at eye level. Median cowlick just above eye level.

This guy?

Horse Name Lootin’kisses
Tattoo H36955
Year of Birth 2004
Dam Name Calskey
Color Dark Bay or Brown
Sex Gelding

Irregular curved star, open to left on bottom; small faint snip between nostrils. Left fore: coronet white on inside, higher in back. Left hind: pastern and part of ankle white, higher in front; dark spot on coronet in front. Median cowlick at eye level.

[QUOTE=Texarkana;7551714]
This guy?

Horse Name Lootin’kisses
Tattoo H36955
Year of Birth 2004
Dam Name Calskey
Color Dark Bay or Brown
Sex Gelding

Irregular curved star, open to left on bottom; small faint snip between nostrils. Left fore: coronet white on inside, higher in back. Left hind: pastern and part of ankle white, higher in front; dark spot on coronet in front. Median cowlick at eye level.[/QUOTE]

A Google search finds this Craigslist ad… the ad already deleted so only this bit of preview text remains

Spring valley horse farm annual auction - Lynchburg
lynchburg.craigslist.org › … › farm & garden - by owner?
Craigslist Inc.
Apr 20, 2014 - OTTB “Lootin Kisses” 9yo Gelding Jockey club registered, Rides English/ hunt seat will Jump 18" - 36" Knows leads, jog lope and bend at the …

Looks like that auction was yesterday: http://springvalleyfarms.wix.com/springvalleyfarms#!events/cq4e
Dealer bought him and shipped him up to NH maybe?

Lootin’Kisses was advertised on the Lynchburg, VA Craigslist at the “Spring Valley Horse Farm Annual Auction.” Ad is gone, but it says on google,

“9yo Gelding Jockey club registered, Rides English/ hunt seat will Jump 18” - 36" Knows leads, jog lope and bend at the…"

Preview ends there and it’s not cached.

I’m going to bet it’s him.

ETA: Just saw your post, Furlong47! Great minds, haha.

My research is matching Lootin Kisses as well. This guy is maybe a 3 BCS(not a vet: disclaimer). Poor guy. He appears sound to walk/trot in hand, no obvious pain when palpating anything. Thanks for the info everyone-- if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it. The dealer knows I’m interested and offered to sell him to me cash now. Maybe I can put him in the bed of the truck… (Kidding!)

Try Mid-Atlantic Horse Rescue, maybe? They pull OTTB from NH pretty regularly. http://www.midatlantichorserescue.org/index.html

Thanks! Will do-emailing her now.

HeadWrangler–Mid-Atlantic Horse Rescue is at New Holland nearly every Monday. This is just the kind of horse they are looking for!

Does anyone want to volunteer to call them in the morning around 9AM to give them a heads up? Contact person is Beverly Strauss at (302) 376-7297. The sale starts at 10AM.

Thanks!! I emailed Bev, and I will be at the sale at 7 am as horses arrive. I will definitely call Bev at 9 am. I hope she’ll have the space for him, thanks again, everyone! I will update with hopefully happy news tomorrow evening, unless someone else comes through before then.

No luck- Bev cannot take him. Just posting here one more time in case anyone has an interest. Thanks.

OP, if someone will take him, I’ll throw in $100 to help with expenses. (I board 2 and cannot take another to board.)

ETA When I bought Callie, the JC was very helpful in helping me decipher her tattoo. Which was a letter and 5 numbers as others have said.

Someone volunteered to bail this guy out, sent you an email OP!