Unlimited access >

Becky Peckham Accord - Apple Creek Farm - Massachusetts

Has anyone purchased a horse from this trainer or had any experience dealing with her?

oh boy. I’d suggest a google search.

Yes, after a quick google search the results are terrifying. [edit] I was interested in a horse she was selling, but have a strong feeling it is grossly misrepresented and find it odd her daughter is the contact via FB. I now know this is because her name is tainted and she goes under several differential aliases.

If anyone can shed more light on her operation, I would love to know about the horses I inquired about. I was asking about a couple that were listed, but seems to good to be true and not much information available on their history.

I bought a horse from her. I didn’t believe a word she told me about the horse, just went on gut instinct. If you like the horse just do a full PPE, pull blood and see what you get. I will caution you about a vet not to use in the area for a PPE if you send me a PM

I never bought off her, but got a horse from someone who bought it off her–I saw the ads they bought the horse from. The horse was absolutely fantastic! I have never owned such a nice, broke horse. So, there is at least one that she sold that was as advertised. I still own the horse!

Glad to hear you have a great horse. Unfortunately, after being told no USEF records exist…I have been made aware that they do. They misrepresented the horses age, breeding and I’m told she is not sound. I only hope whomever ends up with this horse or any others of hers, can do their fact checking. Does not sound like this horse would be suitable for the job they describe she is ready for. From the google results this seems to be a trend.

Our farm has bought 17 horses from her farm over the past 4 years. We had trouble with only 1 and she took him back. They were all as advertised. Well some were better then advertised. Her and her daughter have been nothing but upfront and honest with all of us. Anyone that says she does not put the welfare of the horse first is insane. They are extremely over the top about the welfare of all their horses.

Hmm… house guests anyone?

4 Likes

Not sure what you are referring to with “house guest” You are more then welcome to visit and see for yourself. I do also know several other farms that exclusively buy from her. Keene, NH, Sherborne, MA, Westfield, MA, Bridgewater, MA, are just a few that I knw of that have been at her farm while we were there and they all have bought many from her. We all have had the same experience. We all will continue.

Don’t ever buy from this Seller. We were unfortunately scammed by them. She has such a horrible reputation and track record she now has to sell under her 18 year old daughters name. She’s used multiple aliases including Becky Accord, Becky Shapiro and Becky Peckham, she now sells under her daughters name Taylor Wyman (not sure if it is her daughter but that’s what they claim)

1 Like

I have the wine! Who has the guac???

1 Like

i bought a horse from her in April 2019. I read this thread before i bought the horse so wanted to come back and post some info here for others…the horse was generally as represented. However, i have ridden my whole life and was very direct with her. I told her i read about her reputation online and was hesitant to buy something from her. prior to showing up she said she had a few horses for me to look at and after our discussion she told me i should really only look at the one. i was pretty flexible in terms of what i wanted so likely less specific than others. i think her story on him was completely made up. also when i followed up a few months later to ask her about where he came from she was unresponsive. i think the horse i got from her was a little nicer than what she usually sells so i feel like she also didn’t really know what he was capable of. i think she has some good horses that come through there but you have to be cautious. something unexpected came up in the vetting and she was reasonable about dealing with it.

I did not search her name… shame on me.
WARNING TO ALL: DO NOT PURCHASE HORSES OR DEAL WITH BECKY PECKHAM AT APPLE CREEK FARM IN NORTHFIELD, MA. HORSE TRADER/CON ARTIST ELITE. ALSO DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HER “SO CALLED” DAUGHTER: TAYLOR WYMAN. SHE’S ON FB SELLING CRAPPY BLANKETS AND CHEAP SADDLES. ALSO GOT A REAL GOOD SCREWING ON PPE BY VET: HARRY WERNER GRANBY, CT. These two are definitely in cahoots.
NOT SURE HOW SOME PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT… KARMA BECKY!!

I’m sorry to say that someone in the business of horse care and sales is dishonorable and greedy. I found a horse for sale, on line that is exactly what I have been searching for during the past year. Absolutely THRILLED, I contacted the seller, placed a TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR deposit for purchase. TWO DAYS after the seller accepting my deposit, the vet went to the farm for the PPE. All good, right? Not so. That same day I experienced a family tragedy and in short order my life changed. I contacted the seller to inform her that under the circumstances I was not in a position to take the horse because for an indefinite period I had to focus on family needs. Her response was, essentially "Too bad. So sad. I’m keeping your deposit. Buyer’s remorse happens (this is an exact quote). Not a word of condolence, no offer to apply the deposit to a future purchase. NOTHING. BUT. GREED. Who does this??? BECKY PECKHAM of APPLE CREEK FARM in NORTHFIELD MA. I didn’t sign a contract but I trusted (foolishly) that I was buying from a reputable business. We had no contract, nothing allowing her to keep my deposit. I should have read ALL of the reviews about her business to see the many that said to steer clear unless you want to be ripped off. Know the feeling when you learn a good hard life lesson? Well, I learned mine here, not about horses from a horse seller and trainer, but about SNAKES.

1 Like