Unlimited access >

Belmont weekend 2023

Air Quality Index at Belmont Park now = 38.

7 Likes

Glad to hear things are much improved. Personally if I had a horse worthy of running in the Belmont Stakes I would NOT run it if AQI were above 150. Not at 1.5 miles, no way with all the grit and soot in the air.

2 Likes

Pretty Mischievous holds on for the win in the Acorn.

Marketsegmentation wires the field in the New York S.
3 place & back, they were all bunched up tightly.

In Italian wins the Just A Game S

The wind has changed, that along with some rain, has improved air quality immensely.

3 Likes

Safe trip to all! I always pick three mentally, and I’m going with Angel of Empire, Arcangelo, and Tapit Trice. Forte is going to have to convince me. He has the long break, and also, even before the Derby in his earlier races this year, he just didn’t seem to me to have advanced as much as some of the others from two to three. I could be totally wrong, but that’s my opinion, probably worth as much as you paid for it.

4 Likes

Forte stumbled coming out of a work at Belmont Park last week. Same right front as the stone bruise. Makes me nervous.

I just want everyone to come home safe and sound.

I also enjoy looking at Belmont’s beautiful empty infield free of Churchill Downs hordes. And Fox is showing the horse races instead of people fashion shows.

Hello to Mike Smith!

7 Likes

The only tracks I’ve ever been to live to the races are Churchill Downs, Oaklawn Park, and Canterbury Downs (did go to morning works, not races, at Keeneland once), but I have always thought from TV that Belmont Park would be my favorite track to attend for exactly that reason. So big but no hoopla and distractions in the infield. The point of everything is the horses.

1 Like

FS1 cut away from the post parade of the Jaipur to interview Casa Creed’s trainer. That is nonsense.

1 Like

Yeah, that did look worrisome.

1 Like

CARAVEL! Thataway, mare!

5 Likes

This coverage is pissing me off. They didn’t even show the post parade. I was excited because I watch America’s day at the races all the time and I was expecting at least some of that regular crew on Fox, I think Maggie Wolfendale is it. At this point I much prefer NBC’s network coverage to this. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

Oh! They just said on Fox that they are also broadcasting on FS1. It’s America’s day at the races regular coverage. I don’t know why they are doing that but real glad they are, much prefer this.

CODY’S WISH wins easily, even after a poor start.

12 Likes

Man, is this announcer seeing what I’m seeing? “Cody’s Wish is TOILING in the back …” and I see a relaxed horse running easy, no way was he toiling.

6 Likes

After running last… dang that horse.

2 Likes

Cool mane braid on the pony the interviewer is riding.

3 Likes

Fox is broadcasting with all the pomp & circumstance BS & geared for the casual fan.
FS1 is covering more of the actual racing.

1 Like

I was so thrilled to see Cody’s Wish win. Mike Smith is right, Cody’s Wish is the best horse now, not just for running.

5 Likes

Such a pro ride by J. Alvarado. Well done. What a great horse!

4 Likes