Unlimited access >

Best solar powered generator for barn?

Hi everyone, I need suggestions on what you think would be the best solar powered generator for farm use. My old mare is 23 this year, and in addition to being a complete non-sweater, she’s really starting to look/act like an old lady this year. I’d rather keep her out in the pasture to move around at will because I’ve noticed her getting stiff from standing in the stall all day. What would be the best solar powered generator/power inventor that could comfortably handle an industrial fan in my run-in shed? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Oh, you are looking at solar panels…
while I ahve a couple of sets I have not yet really set them up so I can’t really recommend anything.
I can tell you though what you will need: At least one good battery, a contol panel to go between the battery and the panels
and likely an inverter to put a plug in.
Neither of these things are expensive anymore.
Or hard to set up.
You do have to make sure tour inverter is strong enough to power your fan and work backward.
So you have to have enough battery power to syupply the amps
and enough coverage to keep the batteries juiced up.

1 Like

We’ve had a few threads about solar powered fans, here’s one:

There’s not a lot out there that’s packaged together. You’re really looking for the panel/battery/inverter. Figure out how much power you need for the fan you want and work from there. Googling “solar panel kit” will get you started in the right direction.

3 Likes

Start with picking the fan you want to run. Work backwards from there. You need to know the details on how much power the fan needs.

1 Like

Check this out; https://westernharmonics.com/Solar-Fans

Thanks, everyone! I wasn’t sure if there was any particular brand people had more success with, etc. Looks like it’s all just a matter of choosing the correct size inverter and a big enough battery(ies). Will definitely compare if easier to get a whole set-up I can use with anything, or just a solar fan kit by itself. thanks again!

1 Like