Unlimited access >

Best threads/trainwrecks on COTH?

As a newish member and in light of the recent one on the hunter/jumper page, I’m curious on the best threads aka trainwrecks that have occured on COTH?

Something called “Attention Arabian Jumpers…” from back in 2005 probably tops them all, still available if you search. Takes one big bag of popcorn and a kegger to get thru it though, 100 pages.

Heat.her (or was it Heath.er) is more recent but not nearly as much fun.

There is also a (very) long running PV thread that has repeatedly danced with going off the cliff. That one is still active, or was last time it popped up.

PV?

PV=Paul Valliere

I’m very fond of the cow tranquilizer gun thread myself.

Musical Jumper was the most tragic.

You definitely can’t leave out the Alisija Granger thread. That one even has a transvestite prostitute. :winkgrin:

Also:

Lunging at Devon
Child in my Pasture
Crazy Crayola Trainer (though that might not be the thread title)

Scroll to the bottom of any page. At the drop-down list for selecting which forum to look on, select Archives-Favorites.

That is the designated storage area for classic threads.

on each forum, store the threads by views (last column on the right) and you get yourself the best trainwrecks of all COTH’s history :winkgrin:

Yea I’ve gone into the favorites in the Archives section - but it hasnt been updated in awhile (like 5+ years)…

I do love the cow tranq one. Also the “chicken in the oven”

This one about Linda Parelli’s educational videos may be considered one:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247238&highlight=Is+this+Linda+Parelli%3F

Oh yeah, a Parelli thread is guaranteed never to be boring.:lol:

Anyone remember Thank God for the OTTB? I think that was it. Bizarre. But no drunken house guests.

I definitely remember that one, JSwan. It was weird.

I think the cow tranq is my favorite, just because she tried it twice :lol:

Chicken in the oven…my favorite.

Wasn’t there one about majikul gypsy vanners, or similar? Can’t quite 'member.

So, what are the quals for a decent trainwreck thread? Goofy houseguests? Stoopid questions? Threats?? Popcorn?? Boxed wine?? What??

oh that is a loaded question. We get so many varied train wrecks lol.

Ummm… usually anything “We need to save the wild mustangs” will result in some interest lol.

Calling just about anything abuse is pretty good for a bit… bonus if it involves common practices.

to me (and since I’m the OP - I win :slight_smile: ) trainwrecks = those threads requiring popcorn/boxed wine/adult beverage of choice, etc that keep me entertained when I have some down time (aka recovering from a concussion that is keeping me on the couch and not at the barn)

1 Like

Hey! For the longer time members…

Anything with the member Chanter. You guys remember that mess?

Here’s a couple…

Heritage Meat

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311557

Letters to the editor

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315998

[QUOTE=JSwan;5863033]
Oh yeah, a Parelli thread is guaranteed never to be boring.:lol:

Anyone remember Thank God for the OTTB? I think that was it. Bizarre. But no drunken house guests.[/QUOTE]

If I am remembering the Thank God for the OTTB thread, it was amazing, moving, and I cried. I don’t remember it being bizarre at all. I will look for the link.