Unlimited access >

BEST VIT E: about to reorder elevate. Change my mind?

Thanks! Good to know

I do see that this is also on the expensive side. I am assuming it is a larger amount in the bottle? Is it truly the same as the liquid Elevate WS?

Elevate WS and Emcelle are both micellized vitamin E, so yes, the same thing

Custom Equine Nutrition has Emcelle for $114 (free shipping) at $.22/1000IU.
KPPVet has Elevate WS for $84, which is a 118d supply of 1000IU, making it $.72/1000IU. Itā€™s more if you have to pay shipping. FarmVet has it for $63 (before shipping) which is still $.53/1000IU

All the water-soluble forms are more $$ than powders or pellets or oils-with-E.

1 Like

My show horse recently tested low vit E even tho he as been on a healthy dose of powdered Elevate for over 4 yrs. He has also become neurologic. Vet told me to put him on Liq Elevate WS and vit e has gone back up, but still neuro

How low did he test? How long between starting the Elevate and the re-check? How long since the re-check?

FWIW, Emcelle is significantly cheaper than Elevate WS, so when you run out and if you still need a water-soluble form, check into that.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the Amazon vitamin E capsules youā€™re using?

@LMcCauley

Vitamin E Softgels with Virginā€¦ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0845QRGV5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

These. I have them in 2 pills each now, still working great!

1 Like

Thank you!

Emcelle is the best value Iā€™ve found. Even though they just had to increase the price a bit.

1 Like

If you need a water-soluble version yes, still the best even with their increase.

But most horses donā€™t need w-s, so there are a lot cheaper ways to do regular natural E, whether powder or those microIngredients gel caps

1 Like

I feed it to a horse with PSSM Type 2 so I want water soluble to make sure she sees the benefit. The Elevate powder didnā€™t cause her levels to rise appreciably on bloodwork. Horses in this area routinely test low for Vitamin E so I am not taking any chances.

1 Like

Thank you for this thread, the spreadsheet and all the conversation. Iā€™ve been feeding Elevate for a few years now. Ordering UltraCruz right now.

3 Likes

Excellent reason to use a w-s form :slight_smile: