Unlimited access >

Black Friday sales

All good. Funnily enough, I had the same misfire yesterday, was referring to my favorite house slippers as Land’s End moccasins but they are LL Bean. It wasn’t until later that I figured out what I did.

Laurel Mercantile (From Home Town HGTV fame) has an offer, with $100 purchase, a butcher block cutting board free from Scotsman (Ben Napier’s company). They have a lot of merchandise available. I love their cute headbands, and lots of specialty foods. (laurelmercantile dot com). Updated for Friday’s deals, 30% off your entire order! And when you spend $100, get a free 11 oz. candle or serving board— spend $150, get a free 24 oz. candle or small butcher block.

They not only have the Scotsman store, and the original Laurel Mercantile, but now have a scents store with lots of candles, and scents.

Buffalo Games puzzles have a sale, New York Puzzle company sends me emails about an early Friday sale going on, Sanuk (I love their yoga mat flip flops) have specials this week. Ulta has a lot on pre-Thanksgiving sales. Dick’s Sporting Goods is having a huge sale too.

Remarkable Leather Goods sale starts Friday morning. They have lovely leather halters, and leads, plus puppy, and people items too. Laurie has a big post further down on the page, post #32. Lovely items.

Lands End has “up to” 70% off using “thankful”.

1 Like

FreeRide is having a % off every day (I think 10-15%) with additional discounts/free items. I’m waiting for tomorrow when their Empowers are on sale.

Maya Delorez has 30% off sitewide today. Very tempting because I LOVE their Compression line, but I’m taking a gamble and hoping for a bigger discount on things over the next few days.

BridlesandReins is having 30-50% off sitewide. I was tempted with a new figure 8, but the anatomical crownpieces aren’t shaped enough for my horse. I don’t know how else to describe it other than he has very big ear balls and needs a lot of extra space :joy:

LeMieux is having a sale on some things but I’m not sure if it’s site wide. My email said their horse attire, but I didn’t investigate more on the site.

The usual Riding Warehouse, Adams, Cheshire Horse, Marys Tack, I think they’re having the usual sales, nothing surprising.

If anyone is in the market for an arena drag, I got this in an email from Carolina Arena Equipment:

We are running a 15% Black Friday sale on all DragNfly Models from November 25-28. Visit our Website Carolina Arena Equipment and apply code SALE15 at checkout.

I have their Mini DragNFly (recommended by my arena builder) and it’s great!

1 Like

The Collected Pony has 20% site wide. There are lots of things that would make amazing gifts on their website.

1 Like

I’m so disappointed.

Got an email start of the week from a local tack shop advertising up to 25% off for black friday. I had one item I had my eye on, need multiples so hefty amount. Went online, checked stock and it looked like they had 5 on hand. Perfect. This was done yesterday, $100 per item.

Today? “DEAL” is 15% off … but they bumped the item price to $115 overnight, so now after 15% off the item is $97. Yuck. Not impressed by this move.

Buyer beware friends. I’m sure they’re not the only ones.

2 Likes

OH, that is frustrating @Mouse_amp_Bay! I am not sure I would want to do business with them anymore after that.

1 Like

What’s the scoop on the RidingWarehouse sale? I’ve seen a few sources saying that there is one, and it starts tomorrow, but nothing on their website with details. I found a few items I have been looking to get already on sale there, plus a discount code it’s a steal but I don’t know if I should wait until tomorrow.

In the past RW had I think 20% off almost everything (some exclusions) starting on Friday. I remember in previous years thinking they weren’t going to have a sale because there was nothing until Friday but they’ve always come through in the end :rofl:

An annual Warwick Schiller video library subscription is $50 off with the coupon code CYBERDEAL2022 (so $224.50 instead of $274.50, or ~$18.70 per month).

1 Like

I just got an email from HorseWare, 20% off site wide if anyone needs blankets, etc.

I would really like a 100g turnout with neck rug, but it’s been the Year of Vet Bills for me :sweat_smile: so my sheet with my 100g liner will just have to do for now.

If you are looking for the highest quality in the industry while supporting a woman owned small business this is the sale for you! Proud mama who isn’t even biased speaking by the way!

11 Likes

EquusNow is having a good BF sale. I bought a Passover Neptune bridle for 50% off. It arrived yesterday and it is just dreamy! I can’t wait to use it on my petite-headed dressage horse. The noseband is smaller in width than many bridles these days, and it is fully rolled which will suit him. The 2” ones overwhelm his head.

The leather is amazing. I’ve never had a Passier before, much less a higher end one. I haven’t had a bridle this nice since my Hadfield’s when I did hunter/jumpers.

1 Like

I was hoping for this! Last year I bought a year’s worth of copper and zinc pellets for 20% off, and I was planning on doing so again. But unless I’m missing something they’re just doing discounts on selected brands/items, not an overall sale. So basically they’re just trying to use BF to shove things they can’t sell out the door. I know it’s been a rough year for retailers too, but boo.

20% off plus an additional 10%… but be warned the 10% off code didn’t take a full 10% off, it was more like 7%. Then they slapped me with a super high tax- I think they must have taxed the pre-sale amount and my card was charged $15 more than what the total was when I checked out.

I know it’s just a few extra dollars, but it’s the principle. I was supposed to get 30% off but it only worked out to about 12% in the end. I might try to call and cancel.

20% plus an additional 10% is a way to make people feel like they are getting 30% off but what they are getting is 20% off and then 10% off whatever the number is after the 20% off, which ends up being less than 30% off.

1 Like

The Horseware sight was acting a little wonky for me so maybe you had a tech issue? Though I would be pissed af if my card was charged for more than the order confirm screen showed!

I read the deets on the extra 10% and I think it was vague like maybe only 10% off on items that were on sale already before today but I dunno!

Honestly I bought an Amigo XL sheet for my hard to fit in blankets boy last week from SLT when they were doing 35% off and it was cheaper including tax and shipping than it would have been to buy today from Horseware before tax price.

For the thread, Total Saddle Fit has 20% off site wide. The Original Muck Boot Company sent me an email I think 25% off.

Riding Warehouse looked like they were just running the promos from manufacturer, ditto Adams. Smartpak had like 15% off plus a free gift on orders over 200. Dover 20% on “top brand” but looked more widespread than RW or Adams on the few items I cross checked.

I have things in carts all over the place. However, the “free” sheet from Smartpak has reviews that don’t indicate it’s waterproof which is disappointing so I went ahead and got a pair of leathers from elsewhere. The Riding Warehouse sale was just the regular manufacturer sale. I did order a pair of stirrups from them that I was waiting to see if they’d go on extra clearance.

Right, I should have rephrased that. That was lazing typing on my part. But mathematically, it didn’t work out that way, either.

They took 20% off as advertised.

Then took about 7% off the new balance with the 10% off code.

Then gave me a total with about $5 tax added on with a vague wording that the total may change.

Then charged my card $15 more than what the total with tax was.

I want what I ordered enough that I don’t feel like canceling. But googling shows I could have gotten a better deal shopping elsewhere. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like