Unlimited access >

Blenheim Palace International

Blenheim is underway, livestream via Horse & Country. Dressage today and tomorrow, xc both Saturday and Sunday.

This year The Jockey Club is running it, a novel and exciting cross-fertilisation between racing and eventing in the UK. The 4* is an excellent test for horses before they consider moving up to 5* next year. The 7 & 8 YO competition is a great showcase for the best young talent and so always interesting. Basically, I like Blenheim.

3 Likes

Happy to hear there’s a livestream. I have so far really enjoyed having H&C but I thought the £20 additional cost for the Bicton 5* was too steep given there were only 35 horses in the field. I know there is a good counter-argument… if I had travelled to any other 5* I would not have complained about paying that much for admission. Anyway, I will enjoy Blenheim as part of my paid-for streaming membership :grin:

1 Like

It should be better value than Bicton as there are the two competitions and more runners. I don’t know how much of the supporting shows, such as the RoR (Retraining of Racehorses) classes will be be shown on H&C.

I guess nobody wanted to drive to Aachen, but a couple of US riders took part;

1 Like

It is good to see Tiana Coudray bringing out horses at 4* once again as she had gone a bit quiet after Ringwood Magister retired. She is a very nice, quiet rider.

2 Likes

Just on a note of information, Tiana Coudray and Katherine Coleman ran 4*-L under the American flag and Grace Taylor, daughter of Ann Hardaway Taylor, ran two in the 4*-S.