Unlimited access >

Burghley

Thanks for the headsup about that ride for Tim Price. WOW! That was a jaw dropper! I loved it.

3 Likes

And Canadian Jessica Phoenix sitting in 29th with what I believe may be the only OTTB in the field.

11 Likes

I think he does that on purpose, riling up the crowd to upset the next horse. Possibly also a performance to encourage the judges to squeeze an extra mark out of them.

Having said that, Boyd looked thrilled with his test and celebrated similarly, which definitely did bother the next horse.

I figure before I ride at Burghley, I’ll train my horse not to worry about clapping etc. Just in case we have to go after OT :crazy_face: … currently not in danger of this happening to me :laughing:

12 Likes

Idk how I feel about Tim going sub-20 with a test where Vitali sticks his tongue out multiple times.

2 Likes

Jessica had a great ride!

1 Like

According to this,

Grace Taylor is the daughter of Ann Hardaway.

1 Like

I never saw his tongue, just a bit of distracting looking froth.

Ollie Townend was thrilled with his test: he expressed his emotion. I know you all love to hate him but actually, he rode a beautiful test. It is well worth listening to Carl Hester’s commentary on it.

8 Likes

It’s very obviously flopping out on the final center line. And in the walk and canter work makes a few appearances. Not saying the test was a 35 by any means, but I feel like that should hurt overall relaxation and harmony score.

1 Like

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/tim-price-sets-burghley-record-as-dressage-comes-to-a-close/

The video of the test is here -

1 Like

Was that halt really a 10!?

I always question how a judge at E can say a halt is a 10.

2 Likes

Right front….

I thought one of the issues with him was that he isn’t a really good rider (i.e., dodgy xc choices, pushing exhausted horses round courses, was there not even a whip issue at one point?). Or do you mean he’s able to ride and produce and train but then he makes bad choices and brings it all crashing down? He also seemed very unlikeable in his interview.

4 Likes

Oliver’s reaction was odd in my opinion. The opposite of humble. Save that level of reaction for when you win the whole darn thing.

10 Likes

He’s an extremely talented rider and a crappy horseman and overall trash human being.

17 Likes

That’s what it seems like. His interview was so embarrassing given all the other ones. He came off as stroppy and entitled. It was noteworthy that he was not able to muster more composure and professional detachment in front of the camera. He seems like one of those people who is highly emotional and takes out his moods on those around them, be they man or beast. Truly recoiled from him in that interview. Plus all the faces he was pulling as he rode out of the test. Mantrum City.

2 Likes

These times minus 5 hours is eastern time, correct? Cross country times tomorrow.

2 Likes

I realized after I posted that, that I really just meant he can ride a very nice dressage test. Otherwise, no not a great rider, he gets around the courses, mostly, but he has wrecked a lot over the years. His sponsors stick with him through thick and the very thin. He does get some spectacular horses though.
just after I posted this I saw this:
thread about dangerous riding:
AmmyHour926

2h

There is also the fact that OT has 10 verbal warnings and not a single yellow card. Even though riding an exhausted horse is an automatic yellow card per the FEI.

5 Likes

Did Ollie withdraw Tregilder? Did all his horses get the same score?