Unlimited access >

Bloodlines in regards to dressage and dressage breeding

A few people keep getting upset about the breed threads in the dressage BB, but honestly there is a reason we have Dressage breeding. A lot of bloodliens are known for dressage production as well as making sucessful dressage horses over the years. Education is the key to important to improving the overall sport and and how plays into our sport of dressage = conformation, trainability, rideability, etc.
Some of you may come back with, Im a lower level rider and dont need “fancy” stuff, but… honestly, even these fancy horses can be AA horses that are fun, easy to sit, and enjoyable to ride.
Just because its bred well does not mean its always a upper level horse, but it can mean that the movements, training and such make it easier for them to do the job and in return its easier for an AA rider to learn and actually RIDE the horse.

So, what are some of the sucessful lines?
*Donnerhall
*Rubintstein
*Florestan
*Sandro Hit
*Londonderry
*Feiner Stern
*Weltmeyer
*Pik Bube
*Brentano II

Who else??

I like the sound of Dussel’s donkey.

1 Like

Im so sorry you are not educated enough to add anything useful to a serious discussion.

2 Likes

Nope, I’m not, that’s why I try to access these forums and learn. Unfortunately, over the last few days, my attempt to learn has been obstructed by a whole mass of threads with people posting about the breed of horse they own.

Now, why do you think that is?

Because if you understood how much correct breeding applied to dressage, the future of dressage horses and the sport in general, you would not ask such a silly question.
Its easy to see you are only here to cause problem and havoc, so maybe its time to just not respond anymore? Think?

STF,
Really enjoy your threads and posts. Don’t pay any attention to Kaeleer, it’s just the Christmas troll:lol:

Um, no, I don’t think you did. But that’s a different topic entirely.

Here are some more that I like

Hohenstein
Lauries Crusader
Prince Thatch
Ferro
Latimer
Calypso II
Sion

I am not that up on ass breeding, luckily sounds like Kaeleer has the covered. Thanks for bumping STF’s threads, though :winkgrin:

I loff them.

Enrico Caruso and sons

Loff?

Christ, I’m starting to see a real pattern here!

Latimer has made his mark! So nice!!
Ferros seem to go either way, depending on what the mare line is used.
Calypso is another that goes either way!
But yes, good add! All of those would be highly welcome in our barn.

Very true!
Im just now, recently getting into the Trak lines (Damn it Annisa, Any and Maren!) :lol:

The future of dressage breeding dependent upon a slew of silly alliterative posts on an internet BB?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and I’ll put in my 2 cents for Davenport Arabs as dressage horses well suited for AA riders.

Don’t knock 'em if you ain’t tried 'em.

2 Likes

Kaeleer,

For language help on CotH, I refer you here
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=32187

I recommend a cool glass of chardonnay, a warm bath or a hot date for your “other” issues :wink:

Im sure there are bloodlines in Arabian world that are more suited for dressage than others, right?

Like I saw a Huckabee (sp?) son that could REALLY hold its own. Also a Desparado son too.

What are your opinions on Arab lines for dressage, share…

[QUOTE=Ghazzu;3749177]
The future of dressage breeding dependent upon a slew of silly alliterative posts on an internet BB?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and I’ll put in my 2 cents for Davenport Arabs as dressage horses well suited for AA riders.

Don’t knock 'em if you ain’t tried 'em.[/QUOTE]

The Crabbet bred and Polish bred are more suited for dressage.

1 Like

Crabbet, Davenport, or just CMK in general; older American and Polish lines. Horses bred for using.
I stay away from the halter horse folks.

1 Like

Jazz, KWPN Stallion of the Year

What about Shagya arabs?

The idea of a Shagya Warmblood cross has always intrigued me as another (besides TB) option for refinement. Not sure how marketable that would be though.

Shagyas are nice, but they are not purebred Arabs. They are also the product of breeding for utility rather than merely looks.

1 Like