Unlimited access >

Brazilian Dressage Rider Gets 3 Year Ban For Abuse

He should have a lifetime ban, that was absolutely ridiculous and he did it all out of anger. He wasn’t training anything, just straight up abuse.

9 Likes

I just watched the jumping video and jfc. Who does he think he’s kidding with a “it was one time” defense? (Which even one time inexcusable, but it seems like this is a repeat thing) That poor pony. Now I can’t stop worrying that the pony will suffer even more being blamed for this verdict by his abusive unfair “family.”

The local animal authority should confiscate that pony immediately.

14 Likes

If ya’ll didn’t watch the video with the sound on, your comments may be uninformed.

2 Likes

I watched it on mute and I’m absolutely horrified.

2 Likes

I didn’t catch that the Pony was being disciplined for biting. That’s absolutely ridiculous.

I’m having trouble understanding what else his treatment of the pony might be for that it wouldn’t be “absolutely ridiculous.” What kind of training would you say is going on there?

7 Likes

There is an active Change.org petition, Justice for pony abused by Olympian. It includes the jumping video which is equally horrific, and dare I say, fetishistic.

3 Likes

I had not seen the jumping video. Sickening.
2 Likes

I couldn’t watch more than 5 seconds. If your damn feet can touch the ground when mounted, you don’t belong on the horse. Disgusting excuse for a human being.

8 Likes

For me the moral is - I need to step up and do more to support local and regional groups.

I didn’t watch the video but I did read the article. The FEI did their job by investigating thoroughly. The ban for 3 years is a solid punishment. Sends a strong message. I did not know the FEI looked into abuse that happens outside of competitions. I’m glad for that. I’m glad we all have cell phones with video.

5 Likes

He AND his heathen son.

4 Likes

Big ego, controlling bastard. He should be monitored or ALL horses removed from him as they do with abused pets when the legal system gets it right. I’d love 10 minutes with him in a small room and a baseball bat in my hands …

8 Likes

The sound of the bit being smashed into his teeth is sickening.

2 Likes

Now I’ve seen the jumping video too. That the pony even attempted to jump is amazing. That man needs to be beaten.

13 Likes

I thought that sound was a crop and then I realized it was the full armed jerking of the rein. Awful.

2 Likes

It made me sick to watch. Disgusting and heartbreaking. And he is an Olympian???

1 Like

Hopefully not ever again!

1 Like

Literally makes me sick to my stomach. What poor animals suffer at the hands of some humans. Surely he’ll never ride another Olympics.

3 Likes

Naw, he’ll continue on. Just needs to construct a bit set up like Marilyn Little so the viciousness stays contained. Then, make no videos.

2 Likes

A national or international organization punishing someone for something he did on his private property with his privately owned animals, abusive or not, is tyrannical behavior.