Breast Reduction

(I think all of those well endowed can agree it’s a bit of a disability as far as riding is concerned.)

I’m getting a breast reduction at the beginning of October!! I’m a little apprehensive, but overall darned excited. I can’t wait to, literally, get this weight off my chest. I know other people have done it, any tips or suggestions?

Lucky you. Were you able to get your insurance to pay for it??

No, insurance won’t pay for it. It’s a “specific exclusion” under our policy. I have wonderful family who are helping me pay for it.

Best thing I ever did… You will not want to lift anything for about two weeks, and after that things will get a bit easier, but lifting above your head will still feel a little ‘strained’. M biggest problem was with sleeping. I like to sleep sort of stomach/side, and it was uncomfortable for about a month.

Luckily, our government healthcare pays for the surgery, as well!

Had one about 18 months ago, one of the best things I ever did for myself. I was starting to get bone spurs in my neck and upper back so my health insurance paid for it. They took off 5 lbs total, and it looked instantly like I had lost 25 lbs. It is so wonderful to both look “normal” (instead OMG look at her chest), and not having the girls swinging so low. :wink:

It took me about 3 months before riding faster than a walk was comfortable, but it was more about finding a comfortable athletic bra than the bouncing itself. You will have to sleep on your back for awhile. I would recommend it to anyone who is need of one, just make sure you have an excellent surgeon and check him out.

You will have obvious scarring, but as long as you aren’t a topless dancer, I think you’ll find out it’s all worth it. Good luck!!

My insurance paid for mine but I did have a few hoops to go through, mostly a few months of PT for sore shoulders and back with the therapist saying that there was no point to continuing PT as long as I had the big boobs.

Insurance also paid for PT.

I did mine a week before Thanksgiving so I got out of most of the cooking:). Normally I am the designated cook. I wasn’t allowed to ride or lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 6 weeks.

FWIW I didn’t find the surgery to be very painfu at all.l

I am so jealous!!! I’ve always wanted to do this. Unfortunately, now that I have a bunch of autoimmune issues, I don’t have any surgery that isn’t absolutely necessary as surgery of any kind puts me into a really nasty tailspin. I haven’t been able to justify this one as I’m just at the annoyance level, not the back problems level.

Rebecca

It was the best thing I ever did! Can’t recommend it enough! It was several months before I could even tolerate a bra though. Unlike most people who lose some feeling my nerves became HYPER sensitive. I always did march to the beat of a different drummer!!

i oh so wish i could afford to do this. i have headaches from mine,shoulder pain ect… i hate them, and would be on a table next week if i had the money :frowning: you guys that have had it done are lucky

Any hints/tips?

Those of you who have had this done, please give me some hints, tricks, or tips of how to go about getting insurance to pay for this.

I have really good insurance, but don’t think they would pay if I just went in for this.

I WANT TO HAVE THIS DONE SO BADLY.

Thanks

Go to your GP and complain about the pain. If you are like most of us you take a couple of Advil and keep on going.

I didn’t realize how much the pain and stiffness was impacting my life until I went to a demo
for some exercise program (can’t remember which) and the instructor kept saying “relax your shoulders” and I couldn’t. I did months of massage and PT before the PT finally gave up and told the insurance company that I wasn’t going to get better until I had the reduction.

I would suggest a female PT though

I have a lot of upper back pain from mine so my doctor has already said that he would sign off on it whenever I am done having kids(at LEAST another 8 years :frowning: My wonderful husband is very supportive and so it’s great to know that I have something to look forward to!

You need at least 6 months of “history”/documentation of issues. (Pain in back, neck, etc.). It will help if you also are seeing a chiropractor as well as your GP. Most plastic surgeons offices who do a lot of these surgeries know what documentation they will need to get the insurance to approve it, and will get it from your doctors once you sign a release.

Just wanted to update you all. It’s just about three weeks post-op and the difference… oh the difference. I don’t feel like I have a cat sleeping on my chest all the time. I felt like a teenage boy the first week: all I wanted to do was fondle my new, gorgeous, small*, perky boobs. I’ve never had them; I was saggy as a teen. If anyone near Denver ever wants a surgeon recommendation PM me. Seriously, they are freaking gorgeous.

Three more weeks or so until I can consider sitting on my pony and take them for a test drive. It’s been six weeks since I’ve been on her (I broke my finger, she was lame) and I’m getting a bit impatient. But I’ll be a good girl. I want to keep these suckers looking good for as long as possible.

*small being relative. Went from a G/H down to what should be a C when all the swelling is gone.

Glad to hear it all went well. I’m about 4 years out and LOVE mine

I am a measured 36 K (yes, K…European size H) even after having lost 95 lbs. My health insurance will cover doctor’s appointments prior to as well as chiropractic work, but I don’t know what hoops I have to jump through to see if my insurance will cover it. I will not ask the insurance company - instead, I will ask my doctor.

When puberty hit, I seemed to pouf have DD breasts when I was twelve years old (and only weighed 98 lbs.)

I am very much looking forward to a breast reduction one way or another, and I was relieved to find this thread!

Ask about PT and massage therapy for your back and shoulders and try to get a female PT

One of my best friends just had this done. She went from a full DD (probably bigger but didn’t admit it!) to a C. She is a tiny little thing, maybe 5’1’’ and 110lbs and says its the best decision she has ever made. They look fantastic, very little (if any) scarring and she was up and at 'em very quickly, I was expecting a much longer recovery.

My daughter, my cousin and my best friend all had reductions done.
They LOVE the new figure.
And my daughter who went from an F to a high B…her first words when we unwrapped them for her first post-op shower were, “OMG, they look pretty! I have Playboy boobs!” and she started crying, she was so happy.

She teaches dance and does choreography part time, her new body is a huge benefit now.

With all 3, insurance covered them. All had histories with chiro and/or other expenses directly related to having enormous breasts. The insurance companies were all happy to pay for the reductions instead of paying for life-long back and shoulder problems.

OP- Congrats and glad to hear all went well!!

I had my BR in April of 2007 (G/H to large B/smallC) and it was the best thing I have ever done. I would encourage anyone considering one to go for it!