Unlimited access >

Breech shopping - advice please

Hi,
I haven’t shop for breeches in a long long time and now is the time to get 1 or 2 pairs (maybe 3!).

I always rode in TS. I tried FITS and Equine Couture wich I didn’t like all that much.

I would like to be a little bit different, so what are your suggestions ? Price is no matter if comfort and quality are there.

Thanks

Animo and equiline are nice but your shelling out 400 a pair…

Not sure what your intentions are but I really like the new Piper Knit breeches. They are yoga pants comfy and the material has held up really well (the other Piper material gets super pilly for me). I don’t think I’d wear them in the A show ring other than a schooling show. I wish they came in white because I would definitely dressage in them! The color selection is nice too and sizes run a bit large. For someone on a budget of wanting more for less, the under $100 price range and Smartpak sales help too. They are the only ones I’ve found that fit me well.

I’ve become obsessed with the Kerrits Ice-Fil breeches. They are like softer, more comfy yoga pants that you can ride in :hearteyes:

They are just for schooling and my post baby bod is luffing them! and they have pockets big enough to hold my Iphone6.

I have the treadstep breeches and like how they’re fairly relaxed fit on me, like my old TS. I feel like a grumpy old fart but some of these skin tight breeches on the young riders seem a little scandalous to my eyes, particularly on anyone not built like a 15 year old italian model.

Are you looking for breeches for show, or just for schooling?

I bought a few new pairs of breeches this year, trying to branch out. For showing, I really liked the Pikeur Ciaras and the Tredstep Rosas I bought. Fit on the Pikeurs was better, price on the Tredsteps was better :wink:

If you’re just looking for something for schooling, Ovation makes a model called the Taylored, that fits/is styled similarly to TS, but more cottony and less expensive. SmartPak also makes a big range of colors, but I’m just not a huge fan of how they fit me (despite owning like 6 pairs of them!). Romfh also makes some nice breeches for the price, and they hold up well.

RHC Micro fiber under $100.00
Horze Grand Prix … under $25.00 ( they run long )
Custom Riding Apparel around $200.00

The Pikeur and Ariat breeches have wonderful Schoeller fabrics for stain resistance as well as stretch, moisture wicking & shape retention. Pikeur has been using GRIPit patterned silicone on newer breeches plus the stretch calf panel that has an elastic hem to keep it in place. It’s a great time to buy new breeches - the designs are getting more fashionable and sophisticated while remembering their primary purpose of riding. The key factor, of course, is fit. What do you feel comfortable in and won’t be tugging at all day long.

I was always a devoted TS rider but cannot stand the Trophy Hunter. I recently found the Elation breeches. Midrise, lowrise, front zip and side zip they are amazing. Of course you cannot beat the price either $110 and under. I can’t post the link but PM if you want my secret shipping spot. ??

[QUOTE=anmoro;8909720]
I was always a devoted TS rider but cannot stand the Trophy Hunter. I recently found the Elation breeches. Midrise, lowrise, front zip and side zip they are amazing. Of course you cannot beat the price either $110 and under. I can’t post the link but PM if you want my secret shipping spot. ??[/QUOTE]

Or you could just order them from Greenhawk. Elation is their store brand, and they ship to the US.

http://greenhawk.com/wdItemList.asp?strilhID=Web&intwgID=172&intwdID=178&intwtID=181

The most important thing is finding a brand/model that fits you and is flattering. People can say “Brand x is great” but if it doesn’t fit your physique, it won’t do you any good.

I’ve been dying to try a pair of the Aztec Diamond breeches

Pikeurs. They have tons of different styles, colors, and lots of variety for different body shapes. And they wear like iron.

I really like my new RJ Classic breeches. Have always used them for upper body, but their breech is very nice. I ride in TS a lot, but hate the Velcro bottom.

For schooling I usually ride in Noble Outfitters. They have nice show breeches as well, but their color is a tad off.

My requirements on my search for new is side zip, mid rise available, and sock bottom. I know the RJ has a euroseat, not sure about the noble outfitters show. Schooling does not obviously

Thanks everybody. I am in Canada, so ordering in the USA is a no no with the actual exchange rate.
I was looking for reviews as I usually buy online and can’t try them on.
I was very interested in Struck but I don’t know how they fit. Any experience with these breeches?
These would be for schooling.

I LOVE TuffRider! I have about 4 pairs and they’re comfortable and inexpensive. I also have a pair of Ariats and Ovations as my show breeches. Super nice!

[QUOTE=MIKES MCS;8908789]
RHC Micro fiber under $100.00
Horze Grand Prix … under $25.00 ( they run long )
Custom Riding Apparel around $200.00[/QUOTE]

My horze GP breeches fit me great from the knees up and TERRIBLE from the knees down. They would be great for someone that is a 32 in the waist with marathon/cross fit calves. It’s really disappointing, because they really look lovely from the knees up.

I love Ariat breeches, and I picked up some of the new Devon Aire Signatures on sale at my local shop that are fabulous.

ETA: Since you’re in Canada, my Canadian friends LOVE Struck and Elation.

I’ve been going through a struck buying phase lately. I would say they’re some of the most comfortable breeches I’ve tried on and have, up there with my equilines and pikeurs, above animo, ts, ariat etc.

The material is a little different, sort of soft shell, but like I said it’s very very comfortable! I’ve only had my first pair about a month so I can’t exactly comment on how well they wear but I’m hopeful they will last.

[QUOTE=largo;8910887]
I’ve been going through a struck buying phase lately. I would say they’re some of the most comfortable breeches I’ve tried on and have, up there with my equilines and pikeurs, above animo, ts, ariat etc.

The material is a little different, sort of soft shell, but like I said it’s very very comfortable! I’ve only had my first pair about a month so I can’t exactly comment on how well they wear but I’m hopeful they will last.[/QUOTE]

Largo do they fit true to size ? I am between 28 and 30 in TS. Thanks

There are some great deals on Pikeurs right now from Amirashop due to the exchange rate.