Unlimited access >

Breeding eventing horses - WB or TB?

[QUOTE=Tradewind;7233764]
This is great news! We had been told that the committee was going to confer on whether he should be accepted; we’ve been waiting on the decision in the hopes that this would allow us full registration of our CG colt. We took our CG colt, Arkangel, to the King’s Windy Fields’ inspection this year with his dam (Arista GS, by Heling) but until now he has only been eligible for Appendix registration. Presumably this now means he is eligible for full ATA registration? It’s great to see the ATA taking steps to approve more quality TB stallions![/QUOTE]

Yes, your colt s/b eligible for registration into the A book assuming Arista GS is already inspected & entered into the OSB. Email the office Monday and they’ll get you all sorted out. PM me if you have any add’l Q’s.

[QUOTE=vineyridge;7233737]
Loyal Pal was one of Denny Emerson’s eventing stallions. He died only a few years ago. Maggie Sjosberg (?), a jumper breeder in Georgia, stands a very interesting Loyal Pal TB son named Loyal Tendencies. IIRC, he’s Loyal Pal on top with Night Lark on the bottom. His second dam is Night Spree, who was a USET jumper. Damsire line is to Never Bend through Triple Bend.[/QUOTE]

So did Denny actually event him? I know that he usually rode his stallions but I was under the impression that Pal was retired after a very long career at the track, like Reputed Testimony.

AFAIK, Loyal Pal was never competed in eventing. But I haven’t checked to see.

My boy is branded Oldenburg, but when you break it down in horsetelex he’s 68% TB. Dam is TB sire WB.

Fairly certain Loyal Pal was never ridden beyond light work and I’m not entirely certain he retired 100% sound (which really doesn’t mean anything–he had an impressive, hard career!)

Interesting discussion here, for sure! and something I am very interested in. I am always looking for high percentage TB stallions, and there are not very many in this country.

I actually started a Facebook group to discuss event horse breeding North America–it’s a small group with me mostly talking to myself, but i’m hoping it will grow with some good brains :slight_smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518767391545875/